Wimbledon 22

Lot of hate from the Don for the Anti-vax lad. My question would be, do you think Fed and Nadal are clean with their epic encounters at the same age and older as Djoko? (I fear not)

I've already said there's huge question marks around Federer's resurgence in 2017.

What Djokavic and Nadal are doing at 35 and 36 in terms of still dominating the slam events shouldn't be happening.

Sorry kids but it needs to be said - pre Lance Armstrong both Sean Kelly and Stephen Roche were cocktailed up to their eyeballs (and I ain't talking about the alchohol variety).

Tennis thread says your man? Right, I'll get me coat.

Lot of hate from the Don for the Anti-vax lad. My question would be, do you think Fed and Nadal are clean with their epic encounters at the same age and older as Djoko? (I fear not)
Probably not. At the time Fed won his few slam about 17/18 I tried to kid myself that the competition wasn't up to much. It was bullshit.

Today was entertaining, but it was also a sad joke. I mean, it's completely normal for a 35 year old man to be consistently returning 130 MPH serves, isn't it?

I've already said there's huge question marks around Federer's resurgence in 2017.

What Djokavic and Nadal are doing at 35 and 36 in terms of still dominating the slam events shouldn't be happening.
I'm a federer fan have been since i read this this by David Foster Wallace, on his excellence

Its a great read. But you're right. Any late stage career resurgence is likely suspect. He switched rackets from a 90" area to a 98" around then. But that sceams cover story to me. Like giving up gluten.

Ive never liked Rafa. Not since the un-named spanish tennis star was implicated in working with Fuentes in operation puerto (there were 2 and David Ferrer was one of them apparently)

And Djokovic is all kinds of asshole but you're still right

Since Roger won his first Wimbledon in 2003. Of the 75 slams mens and women's the 3 lads won 63 between them

Last edited:
Probably not. At the time Fed won his few slam about 17/18 I tried to kid myself that the competition wasn't up to much. It was bullshit.

Today was entertaining, but it was also a sad joke. I mean, it's completely normal for a 35 year old man to be consistently returning 130 MPH serves, isn't it?
I wonder was kyrgios subtley alluding to it when he jokingly said “I’m absolutely shattered after that” in response to the question about whether he’s looking forward to more finals.

He had a match less, Novak went to at least 4 sets in his last 3 matches and he was still battering them around the court. It’s as blatant as Farah falling and getting back up to rejoin the pack in the olympics.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Hollie McNish
Wavelength (Cyprus Ave Rooftop)

9th May 2024 @ 9:00 pm
More info..

Juicy Couture Fc

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼