Wimbledon 22

We should appreciate the GOATs while we have them.

Simply incredible athletes. Defying time and beating guys 10, 15 years younger than them.

Yeah I was only half joking about the pink liquid, in the match vs the young Dutch lad he made the same gesture but hit the pink bottle. Hiding in plain sight?

Wasn't Nadal up to his eyeballs in pain killers in Paris? Surely that's some form of enhancing performance.
NSAIDs (non steroidal anti inflammatory) are not on the banned substance list and are widely abused.

Id say its easy enough to get a cortisone shot from the tournament doc under TUE.

Tennis is a joke for testing though they need to comply with blood passport so try to round up players at big tournaments. Everyone books in online and gets a test anfew days before a slam starts. So if you're juicing you know exactly when your test is because you booked it yourself

NSAIDs (non steroidal anti inflammatory) are not on the banned substance list and are widely abused.

Id say its easy enough to get a cortisone shot from the tournament doc under TUE.

Tennis is a joke for testing though they need to comply with blood passport so try to round up players at big tournaments. Everyone books in online and gets a test anfew days before a slam starts. So if you're juicing you know exactly when your test is because you booked it yourself

Yup, I was reading a report before the French open, Q1 & Q2 testing numbers well down on pre Covid 2019 levels.

Urine testing outstripping blood testing 3:1.

You can call me a cynic but what the GOATs are doing at the moment simply stretches credulity to breaking point.

There is no way that a 35 or a 36 year should be outperforming a 22-28 year old over a 5 set game.

Clutch play, gluten free, whatever. It shouldn't be happening. Before I'm told I'm just against Rafa/Djoka , Roger's resurgence in 2017 shouldn't have happened either.

Huge question marks over the ITF and WADA's handling of doping testing in tennis.

Djokovic looked fresh as a daisy after his 5 setter. Nadal with all of his injuries defies belief, that he's halfway towards a grand slam this year.

Perhaps it's the technology, the modern tennis racket, that's continuing to keep these lads as the top dogs.

Halep currently motoring away in her 1/4 final. Jabeur appears favourite for the Ladies title as the top-ranked seed remaining, but Halep with her past experience surely the player to beat and a great bet for another title.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Rebel Frequencies Presents Songsmiths
The White Horse, Ballincollig

20th Apr 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Soho Nights

The Pavilion, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼