Willie Bocht

RIP

I'll never forget waking up that day and turning on the news, and Dublin looked like Belgrade circa 1999.

When Charlie Bird got called an orange bastard and was smashed across the face with a brick 🐦

RIP

I'll never forget waking up that day and turning on the news, and Dublin looked like Belgrade circa 1999.

When Charlie Bird got called an orange bastard and was smashed across the face with a brick 🐦

Has dublin ever looked any other way?

Rest In Peace.
He was a nasty bigot but it's easy to see what made him that way.

I'm not sure he was a bigot LB, he was eccentric thats for sure he had definitely a right to feel agrieved on account of the terrible deeds inflicted on his family.

He wanted justice for the victims of the Kingsmill massacre, a shameful event in Irish history, I know people saw him as a joke figure on account of some of his stunts, but I think deep down it would be wrong to class him in the same ilk as Paisley or Willy Mccrea two individuals who stoked the flames

He did seem slightly troubled I suppose given his life growing up many up in the North are similar, and despite some of his stunts, I think as I pointed out above it would be wrong to class him as mainly a bigot, misguided yes but he on some of the issues he campaigned about he was right.

RIP.

Of course he was a bigot and a big fan of loyalist death squads.
That he got to be that way because UDR members of his family were murdered by the IRA does not take from what he was.

In his later years he became a figure of ridicule.

He's at peace now.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Camilla Griehsel's Mamasongue
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

12th May 2024 @ 5:00 pm
More info..

Dylan Brinkley

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 9:30pm

More events ▼