Who are hiring in the financials at the moment?

Right.
I have a mate who i am sick of listening to complain about his job. He basically took a shite role purely because it was a job, now its two years later and he is still in the same role but would rather complain than actively seek something better.

He works in finance, has worked in junior enough roles for international banks and in accounts receivable/payable.

Does anybody have any general advise for improving his job within the finance industry at the moment. Who is hiring?

Any advise is appreciated.

The fact he is in a job he hates & won't move speaks volumes for this guy.

To paraphrase an article I have read umpteen times;
I think these people don't realize that it really doesn't take all that much courage to change your life. I don't care if we're talking about changing jobs, getting out of a bad relationship, or moving to a different town. Believe me, you can't lose. Whatever you do, provided that you stay focused, works out. The only people who lose are the ones who cash in their chips and refuse to play another hand. It's like the Chinese allegory of the man caught in the rapids. He's managed to grab hold of a rock, but the raging waters are beating him against the rock over and over again. If he doesn't let go, he'll soon die, but he's afraid to let go because he doesn't know what dangers lie downstream.

Let go of the rock.

Also get him to read the great great book; "Who moved my Cheese"

I will be starting my 5th job in 7 years next month. Always moving to a better job that more suits my requirements at the time. I can't understand how someone can stay in a job they loathe. It takes time but if you keep looking you will find a better job. OP don't turn into your friends' PA, let him find his own job.

Right.
I have a mate who i am sick of listening to complain about his job. He basically took a shite role purely because it was a job, now its two years later and he is still in the same role but would rather complain than actively seek something better.

He works in finance, has worked in junior enough roles for international banks and in accounts receivable/payable.

Does anybody have any general advise for improving his job within the finance industry at the moment. Who is hiring?

Is he on Linkedin Also he needs to network and go to some Finance networking events. I got my last two jobs through contacts

Right.

Is he on Linkedin? If not he needs to be Get networking especially Finance networking events . I got my last two jobs through contacts

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Award Winning Steve Hughes (Australia)
City Limits, Coburg St.

15th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Gay Agenda

The Roundy, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼