What video games are you playing / looking forward to?

Fantastic game. Played it on my pc using an emulator.
Can't wait for the sequel.
sequel is out May 12, gonna prebook it soon.

I jusr played through the nintendo switch version of Link's Awakening, what a great game that was. How on earth did they fit so much onto the limited memory of the Gameboy back then?

I'm currently on the first epilogue of Red Dead Redemption 2. I bought the game years ago and spent quite a lot of time playing it, but never really liked the story quests or whatever they're called, I found it more fun just to ride around and explore, mini games etc.

The actual story quests i RDR2 were mostly riding on horses while the stupid plot is expanded by voice actors, then a whole bunch of shooting, then more riding on horses while someone shouts "We gotta get outta here!", and they got samey fairly fast.

There was an Irish lad in it who had a proper Dublin accent, and the sheer epic scale of the game made it worth playing, but I didn't find it as enjoyable as Zelda. With Zelda you have puzzles and trading games alongside fighting and exploration but these were lacking in RDR2.

I'm also playing something called Infinifactory, if you like puzzle or programming games I'd recommend it. I've just unlocked lasers and they kind of hurt my eyes so I've paused it atm.

Cool thing happening this weekend ahead of the new Mario movie next week. The Gate cinema are having a Mario Kart tourney on Saturday where you play the game on the cinema screen!! Young fella at home managed to get a ticket for it. Sounds like fun.

Started the ghost of tsushima,

Enjoyable. Looks lovely.
enjoyed this one but found it got repetitive after a while...played the director's cut version so it had the extra island/content...beautiful game altogether though...focusing on the main quest and just doing couple of side quests (to get better gear/weapons) should be enough...dont think there's any need to try to liberate every camps etc

Talks of GOT2 by the way....would love it as a PSVR2 version though

sequel is out May 12, gonna prebook it soon.

I jusr played through the nintendo switch version of Link's Awakening, what a great game that was. How on earth did they fit so much onto the limited memory of the Gameboy back then?

I'm currently on the first epilogue of Red Dead Redemption 2. I bought the game years ago and spent quite a lot of time playing it, but never really liked the story quests or whatever they're called, I found it more fun just to ride around and explore, mini games etc.

The actual story quests i RDR2 were mostly riding on horses while the stupid plot is expanded by voice actors, then a whole bunch of shooting, then more riding on horses while someone shouts "We gotta get outta here!", and they got samey fairly fast.

There was an Irish lad in it who had a proper Dublin accent, and the sheer epic scale of the game made it worth playing, but I didn't find it as enjoyable as Zelda. With Zelda you have puzzles and trading games alongside fighting and exploration but these were lacking in RDR2.

I'm also playing something called Infinifactory, if you like puzzle or programming games I'd recommend it. I've just unlocked lasers and they kind of hurt my eyes so I've paused it atm.
RDR2 is the GOAT for me (in the open world category), finished it twice and spent months playing it online with friends...great fun

75% into GOW Ragnarok, spending time doing plenty of the favours/side quests at the mo to stretch the game before finishing the 'path' (main story).

thoroughly enjoying it, graphics are top notch and the story and characters are brilliant....

Will dive into Plague Tale Requiem next, played the first one (Innocence) and loved it....not the most upbeat story but i absolutely adored it

As for a more leftfield recommendation, i played and finished Detroit Become Human.

Check it out if you dont know it...about Androids and their condition in a near enough future, one of these games where all your decisions/actions provide a different direction/ending to the game...and it's quite short, you can do it in about 8-12 hours.

Top story, highly recommend it.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼