What TV Series Are You Watching Now?

House of the Dragon

Even though it's not 'officially' out until later tonight our time, if you can't wait until 2am it's already doing the rounds on some sites, just finished watching the first episode, at just over 1hr and 2 mins it's a slow burner as we get introduced to the main players, the current King who wants his pregnant wife to give him a son and heir (I wouldn't spoil it too much), his brother, who he makes Head of the King's Guard and looks like he'll be the 'baddie.

Don't worry, you also get to see the dragons very quickly, right after the opening credits, funnily enough his daughter, Princess Rhaenyra looks a bit like Khaleesi, Daenerys Targaryen, guess it makes sense as they're all family... slow burner for first episode, we get a tournament, plots already forming but as the entire series is already written and this time George R.R Martin is totally involved from start to finish we wouldn't get a Season 8 GOT fuckup.

Oh and stay watching the final credits, the music is the main GOT theme but with a chorus choir, sounds awesome.

Fawlty Towers getting a rewatch. It's timeless and brilliant.

John Chablis (Boycie) in an interview said there's a great appetite for sit coms out there but tv executives don't seem interested. I think he was right.

Fawlty Towers getting a rewatch. It's timeless and brilliant.

John Chablis (Boycie) in an interview said there's a great appetite for sit coms out there but tv executives don't seem interested. I think he was right.
Sitcoms, as opposed to comedy dramas, definitely seem to be on the wane. Good sitcoms are tricky to pull off . Terrestial stations, in the UK and Ireland at least seem content to play it safe with reality shows which are cheap to make and don't require much creativity.

On that topic been watching reruns of Ever Decreasing Circles on BBC4. It really is superb. I vaguely remember it being shown on RTE back in the day but I would have been too young to appreciate it at the time.

On that topic been watching reruns of Ever Decreasing Circles on BBC4. It really is superb. I vaguely remember it being shown on RTE back in the day but I would have been too young to appreciate it at the time.
Briers outstanding.
The Good Life.
Ever Decreasing Circles.
Monarch of the Glen.

Martin is occasionally infuriating but always has Anne's and everyone else's best interests at heart. The bringing back the library book piece really encapsulated the whole series perfectly.

Sitcoms, as opposed to comedy dramas, definitely seem to be on the wane. Good sitcoms are tricky to pull off . Terrestial stations, in the UK and Ireland at least seem content to play it safe with reality shows which are cheap to make and don't require much creativity.

Hard to think of any decent comedy on the air anymore.

Succession is funny but hardly a sitcom.

Rick & Morty is decent.

Comedy within a network is working within a straitjacket of woke bullshit. Its hard to see something like The Office or Peep Show being commissioned now.

Hard to think of any decent comedy on the air anymore.

Succession is funny but hardly a sitcom.

Rick & Morty is decent.

Comedy within a network is working within a straitjacket of woke bullshit. Its hard to see something like The Office or Peep Show being commissioned now.
I just started watching it's always Sunny in Philadelphia. Only half way through Season 2 buts it's been pretty hilarious so far.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Conchur White
Winthrop Avenue (@ Old Oak)

3rd May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Tim Mullane

The Welcome Inn, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼