What TV Series Are You Watching Now?

can't stand nesbitt tbh, terrible actor
Seems to be a common theme both here and with a few of my pals. Must admit I don't mind him at all and thought Stay Close was worth a watch. The only actor I an think of that would really turn me off a show is Woody Allen. I can't stand him. Not a great fan of Steve Martin either but I can tolerate him.

Too much contrived situations, coincidences for me.
Daughter of main character involved in a disappearance from the same nightclub 17 years to the day after original, main character can easily contrive to get into house of original disappeared to scout it out, etc.
WTF was all the Carnival stuff, in a northern England shithole in the pissing rain?

I'm sure it will all be drawn together in the end, but the wife and myself looked at each other and asked are we gonna spend 6 more episodes to find out - naw, fuckit.

I read a bunch of Coben's books years ago, entertaining at the time. Could I tell you one thing about them now, I could not.
We had a similar experience, dropped out of it about 1/3 way through the second episode. Just not engaging enough. In the first ep Sarah Parrish's character is all menacing and threatening, by the second she and the lead are best friends. The mom from inbetweeners is holding well I will say. She must be pushing fifty.

I watched a couple of other Coben ones, The Stranger and the Polish one The Woods which were both much better than this effort but nothing special either really.

Goliath is good but it gets more off the fucking wall every season.
I've 2 episodes to go in season 4. BBT is great and I love legal dramas but I think the show would be better without all the 60s hippy trippy shit, hallucinations, flashbacks, and all that jazz.

Finished Dopesick last night - compelling stuff but came to a stop all of a sudden. Felt like they were making the series with the content they had up to a point, but then the whole thing moved forward and concluded in the interim and they almost made a synopsis of it rather than playing it out.

Michael Keaton was excellent as the doc, and they absolutely nailed it with some of the Sackler characters too, utterly odious, pompous shit heads.. the head of legals fat head was perfectly cast

Not that it hasn't been said before but money and greed cause humans to do the most inexplicable, horrible shit to each other - hard to understand how any of the Sackler family and the numerous people bought along the line could live with themselves knowing what they were responsible for.. but as I said to the missus when she asked how they could sleep at night.. very well, on their 10,000 count egyptian cotton :)

Finished Dopesick last night - compelling stuff but came to a stop all of a sudden. Felt like they were making the series with the content they had up to a point, but then the whole thing moved forward and concluded in the interim and they almost made a synopsis of it rather than playing it out.

Michael Keaton was excellent as the doc, and they absolutely nailed it with some of the Sackler characters too, utterly odious, pompous shit heads.. the head of legals fat head was perfectly cast

Not that it hasn't been said before but money and greed cause humans to do the most inexplicable, horrible shit to each other - hard to understand how any of the Sackler family and the numerous people bought along the line could live with themselves knowing what they were responsible for.. but as I said to the missus when she asked how they could sleep at night.. very well, on their 10,000 count egyptian cotton :)

The Sacklers were depicted as comic book evil (as mentioned already in this tread.)
The board meetings were like some sort of black mass, and Michael Stulbard's voice was like something out of Hannibal Lecter or Star Wars.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Peader O Callaghan

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 9:30pm

More events ▼