What runners/trainers you got now

🤔
I refuse to buy Nike because of how they treat their workers in their Southeast Asian workshops.
Work isn't a topic that Norries, dormant or otherwise, are usually familiar with so I'll excuse your lack of working class solidarity this time Crispy!😉
Can I just ask if you posted that from a smartphone
🤔
Yes Druck. Why?
Well some people would say that the workers in some of the component factories are treated just as badly as those in the factories that make runners so I was wondering why you would boycott one but not the other?
And I’m not being argumentative I’m just posing a question.

I've got a pair of runners and they're comfy, which is my problem. Lots of the fellas down the pub do be showing off, not in so many words, not obvious, like, but you can see they're proud of their new shoes. I don't care.

Or at least I don't want to care. I can do fine with mine even if there's a little bit of sock poking out.

It's just a little bit of sock from a small stitching in the aero/hydro-dynamic section of the toe-box. It could be stitched up easily but first off, it's not actually damaging on the integrity of the shoe, secondly, if it was sewn up I'd be charged a fortune (€15) and given a globby inside track that causes big-toe-irritation, thirdly, like I said, I don't actually care. I'm proud of my Saucony I spent almost €140 on.

But these fellas are all therre sticking their foots into my business, right where I'm staring at the ground, and making a song and a meal about not buying their hydrogenated memory foams from TK Maxx.

I'm at a loss, here...
Cool shoes are cool when you're young and looking to impress so as to get your leg over.
However after a certain age you're just looking for good arch support.

Can I just ask if you posted that from a smartphone

Well some people would say that the workers in some of the component factories are treated just as badly as those in the factories that make runners so I was wondering why you would boycott one but not the other?
And I’m not being argumentative I’m just posing a question.
🤔
Fair question Druck. The Vietnamese seem to have been confined to the factory due to Covid though. Nike have had Southeast Asian workers in inhumane conditions for a long time before Covid.
I try to find out about the company before I buy their products though!

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Punk Rock Factory
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

6th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼