What is your favourite Christmas day memory?

The Judge

Good morning and Merry Christmas to all on here.Just thinking of years gone by this morning and how wonderful it was growing up as a child in a large family and getting your presents under the tree on Christmas morning.Coming down the stairs and seeing all of theses oresents under the tree.My best memory has got to be my scaletrix racing car set,i shared and played with my brother,all of 40 years ago.My car was a white porche and his was a green Sauber and both had headlights that lit up the sitting room at night time.We must have played with it for hours on end.Changing the shapes if the track from oval to figure of eights.Getting dressed up for Mass and coming home to a feast of a dinner and having all the trimmings to enjoy.Sadly both parents have passed on and now its time to give those memories to a newer generation.HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY,ENJOY YOUR DAY AND REMEMBER TO PASS ON THOSE HAPPY MEMORIES TO YOUR KIDS :)

I remember I was about 8 or 9 I'd say. I crawled out of bed and went down to open a few presents in the middle of the night. One of 'em was a Rules of Football (Soccer) book with illustrations and shit. Fantastic. Read it from front to back page. I still remember, "the ball must roll the width of its circumference before it can be touched by another player in the case of a free kick".

Crawled back into bed and my brother - who I shared a not very big bed with - said "Were you up AGAIN?" I didn't tell him I'd only been up the once but had spent an hour reading through the book. That was about 45 or 6 or 7 years ago.

I came down the stairs one Christmas morning when I was about seven to find a huge castle in the living room.
It had all the towers and keeps, drawbridges, real gates the lot.
All my friends couldn't believe it when they saw it and we played all day.
I had spent a good few weeks in hospital and my father and the men in Ford's had made every little intricate piece. I only found that out in later years.

Probably when we were all younger adults and we sat around Christmas Eve after mass. Visitors would pop in, drinks would be shared then when they left we would all exchange gifts and stay up too late. Had some good nights out Christmas Eve too coming home meeting up with people.

I remember saying to the lads “hurry up and finish that pint, we’ll
be late for mass.”

Then standing down the back of The Real Presence in Curaheen trying to act sober.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Hollyz

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼