What is the best travel laptop?

RogueC

I am currently looking a something small and light, like the sony vaio 11.1

I have about 1500 yo yo to blow.
All suggestions are very welcome

Nice 1:bday:

blooming heck .. ye don't need to blow 1500..

get over to laptopsdirect and ye'll get a decent netbook for around 350-400 that will more than do the job.. as always I'd suggest Toshiba as there damn fine machines but Asus, HP, and there's others..

as it's travel 10-11 inch screen so not to big and noticeable, 6-8hour battery life, make sure it has a HD, put a decent software tracker on it [just in case] windows 7...

and btw when I say software tracker I mean the type that cannot be removed by formatting the HD, so if worse comes to worse ye can track the machine...

just did a bit of a quick look

One Toshiba

two Sony

three Asus

four Another Asus

There a load more if you really specifically want a laptop though

750 to 1000 euro range

or

Over 1000 euro

As I say though - for travel? get a netbook - battery life is amazing on them...

Last edited:
I am currently looking a something small and light, like the sony vaio 11.1

I have about 1500 yo yo to blow.
All suggestions are very welcome

Nice 1:bday:

Terrible idea to spend 1500 on a travel laptop - too expensive for that purpose - could easliy get lost or stolen.

I a currently using a Samsung NC10 while abroad - tis the jawb. Got it off Amazon for 280 Euro. Wouldn't spend anymore just in case i lose it, break it or it gets stolen - all far more likely when on the road.

Asus's UL30 series might be worth a look. The processor isn't the most powerful, but the battery life is fantastic, it usually comes with a very large harddrive (500gb) a lot of RAM, it's small, light and very similar to the Air, but a third the price.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jack L
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

4th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Sprints

Coughlan's, Today @ 7:30pm

More events ▼