What have cities ever done for us?

Mucksavages complaining about pollution when they're filling our rivers with slurry.

Don't keep livestock myself and most mucksavages don't. Usually slurry is put on fields, you could drink the water from the rivers where I am.

There's far greater leaving than arriving m8.

That's debatable, with rising rents in the city and for other reasons like a better quality of life, people are moving to the countryside.

I’m the same, lived in city until 24 and then moved rural. Love the countryside and would never move back.

Tiz the job alright, I reckon that's why we are such balanced posters :p

I had a hawk fly along with me for about two miles in front of the car this morning, it's the little things.

The quietness is one of my favorite aspects of country life, boredom is all in the head M8. Born and reared in the city btw.

Also hate the smell of slurry - that some county apologists try to claim is a "healthy smell". And the smell of silage. And cow sh*t all over the place. My hayfever isn't best served out the country either.

Better phone coverage and broadband in the cities too.

I enjoy the company of others and interacting with people. Out the country is good at night if you're a star gazer I suppose

Also hate the smell of slurry - that some county apologists try to claim is a "healthy smell". And the smell of silage. And cow sh*t all over the place. My hayfever isn't best served out the country either.

Better phone coverage and broadband in the cities too.

I enjoy the company of others and interacting with people. Out the country is good at night if you're a star gazer I suppose

I haven't smelt slurry in an age, we don't really have big cow farms out here, it's mostly small herds wandering around huge farms, mostly sheep where I am and shitloads of forestry too.

I have better broadband that a fair few I know in the city and ya, we do have bad mobile coverage going over mountains etc but in general, it's fine, I hardly ever use the phone though tbh.

People visit us and we visit them and ya, star gazing is pretty awesome :D

I haven't smelt slurry in an age, we don't really have big cow farms out here, it's mostly small herds wandering around huge farms, mostly sheep where I am and shitloads of forestry too.

I have better broadband that a fair few I know in the city and ya, we do have bad mobile coverage going over mountains etc but in general, it's fine, I hardly ever use the phone though tbh.

People visit us and we visit them and ya, star gazing is pretty awesome :D

I was driving out the country just this morning on the way back from a meeting - away from the busy main road, and the smell was minging for over a mile of the journey - and no I hadn't farted. Seriously, it was vile.

I was driving out the country just this morning on the way back from a meeting - away from the busy main road, and the smell was minging for over a mile of the journey - and no I hadn't farted. Seriously, it was vile.

Some farmers would be spraying fields this time of year, it's not all year round like. But as I said earlier, I haven't come across any of it for ages.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Camilla Griehsel's Mamasongue
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

12th May 2024 @ 5:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼