what book you reading at the moment? (incl poll)

Do you like to read books

• Total voters
Stolen Focus by Johann Hari.

I picked this up the other day - it's not bad so far. There are some interesting/surprising stats in it.

I happened across an article about the author, Johann Hari, himself at lunchtime - he's been accused of plagiarism/fabrication, caught out and sacked from a few jobs. Some reviewers have questioned the diligence of his fact-checking/sources for this current book.

Nevertheless - I'll plough on with it - there's a link to all his resources in the introduction too but I'm not inclined to read that anyway.

I picked this up the other day - it's not bad so far. There are some interesting/surprising stats in it.

I happened across an article about the author, Johann Hari, himself at lunchtime - he's been accused of plagiarism/fabrication, caught out and sacked from a few jobs. Some reviewers have questioned the diligence of his fact-checking/sources for this current book.

Nevertheless - I'll plough on with it - there's a link to all his resources in the introduction too but I'm not inclined to read that anyway.
Did not know that, but I've become a little bit obsessed with attention spans from reading it (I have a tendency to do this)

This is a good listen on much the same subject, from a psychology researcher.

Razorblade Tears by SA Crosby.

It's class. They'll make a shit action flick out of this in a few years so read it before they do.

It's about two fellas who are ex convicts and former gang members. They both treated their Gay sons like shit. The sons end up marrying and getting murdered in a hate crime.

The fathers driven by guilt go on a revenge mission to avenge the sons.

Guns, fighting, action. Don't expect a subtle character study. Do expect straightforward entertainment.

I'm reading it too, good call by the individual who brought it to our attention.

It's a topic that anyone who spends/wastes a lot of time on social media needs to acquaint themselves with, whether that's by reading this book or similar.

Finished another poetry book. By a female this time. Left a review on Amazon. It was her only review which is surprising as she has taught English and is very known in USA. The book isn't available right now so no point linking.
She must have sent me an author copy

Wouldn't be something I'd usually read but Hunting Ghisllane by John Sweeney was in the new books section at the library the other day.

And it's a damn page turner. Good grief, Maxwell was some cunt. (50 pages in and a lot of it is about him, no Epstein yet)

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼