what book you reading at the moment? (incl poll)

Do you like to read books

• Total voters
Scipio Africanus said:
Have you read "Faster"? 'Tis very good.

Like Ods I have two or sometimes three on the go at once.

I've just finished "The Seven Daughters Of Eve" by Bryan Sykes, am half-way through "The Journey Of Man" by, err, a geneticist whose name I can't remember right now, also finished "At The Tomb Of The Inflatable Pig" there at the weekend, am about to (finally) embark on Ulysses and have Straw Dogs by John Grey burning a hole in my bookshelf. Might start that tonight, actually.

Scip, have you read "surely you're joking mr feynman"? if not, it's very funny..

I think the funnist book i've ever read (apart from anything by Terry Pratchet) was Fear and Lothing in Las Vegas. Had me in fucking stiches for hours. I wanna find that book again. I think i left it in Ireland. Has anyone seen it?

Tony Hawkes- One hit wonderland

Not as good or as funny as "Round Ireland with a fridge" or "Playing the Moldovans at Tennis" but it keeps me entertained

At the moment I am reading "Hidden Agendas" by John Pilger.
The man is a fantastic jurnalist and I would strongly recomend him to anyone who likes reading about the things that the typical western media dont talk about or report due to censorship.
And no it is not a big conspiracy theory book.

spanishgirl said:
I think the funnist book i've ever read (apart from anything by Terry Pratchet) was Fear and Lothing in Las Vegas. Had me in fucking stiches for hours. I wanna find that book again. I think i left it in Ireland. Has anyone seen it?

I think it was re-printed again recently spanishgirl, I bought it in the airport in Stockholm about 3 months ago so it shouldn't be too hard to find. Great book though. Completely insane. It's great the way you never quite know if what he's describing is actually happening or if he's hallucinating.

Love All The People- Bill Hicks (Denis Leary, you are an act robbing scumbag!!)

100 Years of Solitude- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

The DaVinci Code- Dan Brown (Because I was on the dart and saw 4 people reading it in one carriage alone! Had to see what all the fuss was about)

soundboy said:
Love All The People- Bill Hicks (Denis Leary, you are an act robbing scumbag!!)

100 Years of Solitude- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

The DaVinci Code- Dan Brown (Because I was on the dart and saw 4 people reading it in one carriage alone! Had to see what all the fuss was about)

that reminded me....anyone read the Bible Code?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

Cinder Well

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼