What are you listening to right now???

Justin has a great youtube channel (y)

I enjoy the stuff he does on YouTube. Some good insights about the music industry and Hawkins definitely doesn't take himself too seriously.

However - sometimes (and this isn't limited to JH) I feel like screaming "Get to the FUCKING POINT!" - there's a lot of bloated chatter around the main thrust ("Main Thrust" - the new album from The Darkness) of his subject.

I enjoy the stuff he does on YouTube. Some good insights about the music industry and Hawkins definitely doesn't take himself too seriously.

However - sometimes (and this isn't limited to JH) I feel like screaming "Get to the FUCKING POINT!" - there's a lot of bloated chatter around the main thrust ("Main Thrust" - the new album from The Darkness) of his subject.
I only discovered him lately, so I'm catching up in a class of a random fashion, I haven't noticed the Main Thrust stuff.
Fair play to him for going through the full rock 'n roll lifestyle and coming out the other side as what seems to be a well grounded chap.

I loves me choons, but I have a cloth ear when it comes to keys and all that stuff so I'm fascinated by lads like Justin that can hear a song for the first time (well, maybe not but...) and say stuff like "that's in drop D, an F minor with an added 9 and 11, played at the fifth fret instead of the obvious way of playing it at the second". Rick Beato is in a similar (higher) class.

They could be talking complete shite for all I know, but somehow I doubt it.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Eoin Jordan & Stan Notte
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

11th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

THE TAN JACKETS

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11:50pm

More events ▼