What are they up to on the Tivoli Road?

I'd assume that since the Port of Cork plans went belly up that would shelve such plans in the medium term since industrial (grain etc.) ships will still have to come in to dock.

What you mean the plans for the Port of Cork went Belly Up!!!! So no sky scrappers? Aww no! I was looking forward to that. It would really have put Cork on the map as an iconic modern European city. And I hope the work is for straight that scew bridge. Thats a death trap!

What you mean the plans for the Port of Cork went Belly Up!!!! So no sky scrappers? Aww no! I was looking forward to that. It would really have put Cork on the map as an iconic modern European city. And I hope the work is for straight that scew bridge. Thats a death trap!

thats the plan but will it happen?

there's also an ESB generating station there thats about 50 years old and it's the ESB's "back up" if they need more juice.it will have to stay until the new one in ahada is finished(about 2 years) .there's also hugh oil tanks that will take time to remove and a total site clean up before any real building work can begin.it will be a good few years before it starts in earnest

The dredger is part of a planned navigation channel dredging as far as Cobh but Tivoli was founf to be a lot more silted up than expected so they have started there

port of cork is tivoli rather than the docklands.
its all interlinked but the docklands can go ahead without tivoli moving to ringaskiddy or the like. not ideal but not interlinked 100%

The people ho said its for a road bridge are right but the dredger is only working on this project and not on dredging the whole harbour as chinaland said. This was already done over a 4-5 week period last August. and the scew bridge isn't exactly a deathtrap if approached at the correct speed.:wink:

What an amount of shite answers from supposed cork people. Do ye go around with your head in a bucket or what? They are building a bridge over the railway track to the houses on the other side of the railway line. This is because once the Midleton railway line is finished, it won't be practical to have a level crossing there(there is currently two), as there will be a train passing every 15 minutes.

Dredging happens all the time, just most of you are too blind to notice it.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Aidan Killian - Comedian
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

26th Apr 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼