Whacked at the creche

I have always kind of been of the opinion that scumbags can shoot each other away as long as they like once they are harming no one else as it saves on the inevitable cost of imprisoning them which is substantial

However, this is now starting to get a bit too close for comfort regularly, this fella was shot outside a creche at 9.30am, presumably kids and parents all around etc. Worse still, it was with a shot gun, now I'm no gun expert but presumably that means a spray of pellets and everyone around the general area with their lives at risk, even when he hit the target.. obviously it escalates again if he misses

Some other leading criminal kingpin was shot 4 or 5 times last year in the back by a fella running after him with a pistol at 5pm around the corner from where I live. Again, residential area, kids out playing etc

I'm not even sure what the Gardai can do, but something needs to be done now if scumbags are planning hits at creches

Dissident republican dies from injuries after Dublin shooting

Declan Smith was a ‘close associate’ of former Real IRA Dublin chief Alan Ryan

A prominent dissident republican who was shot in the face with a shotgun outside a creche in Dublin last week died from his injuries in hospital this morning
Declan Smith (32), who is originally from Belfast but has been living in Coolock in recent years, was approached by a lone gunman at 9.30am on Holywell Avenue in Donaghmede last Friday, after dropping his child off at the creche.

He suffered significant injuries to his face and head in the shooting. He was taken to Beaumont hospital where he died this morning. It is understood he did not regain consciousness while in hospital.

I have always kind of been of the opinion that scumbags can shoot each other away as long as they like once they are harming no one else as it saves on the inevitable cost of imprisoning them which is substantial

However, this is now starting to get a bit too close for comfort regularly, this fella was shot outside a creche at 9.30am, presumably kids and parents all around etc. Worse still, it was with a shot gun, now I'm no gun expert but presumably that means a spray of pellets and everyone around the general area with their lives at risk, even when he hit the target.. obviously it escalates again if he misses

Some other leading criminal kingpin was shot 4 or 5 times last year in the back by a fella running after him with a pistol at 5pm around the corner from where I live. Again, residential area, kids out playing etc

I'm not even sure what the Gardai can do, but something needs to be done now if scumbags are planning hits at creches

Ya that's exactly what a shotgun cartridge does when it's fired , + it most likely was sawn offed which although decreases it's range increases it's power. From what I understand he shot at close range. How that didn't take his head off not to mind kill him outright is beyond me.
Like yourself I'd be of the opinion let them shoot each other till the cows come home but if you are rolling up outside creches to kill guys ...... well that's a different story altogether. Dangerous people.

Ya that's exactly what a shotgun cartridge does when it's fired , + it most likely was sawn offed which although decreases it's range increases it's power. From what I understand he shot at close range. How that didn't take his head off not to mind kill him outright is beyond me.
Like yourself I'd be of the opinion let them shoot each other till the cows come home but if you are rolling up outside creches to kill guys ...... well that's a different story altogether. Dangerous people.

How would sawing off part of a gun barrel increase its power?

Doesnt really matter Pattie

Someone shot on the doorstep of a creche at 9.30am with kids and parents coming and going is surely a new low for this country in regards to criminal hits?

It does matter de mange.

How is this even remotely like a "new low"?

No one except the intended target was shot.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

95b (NC) [Phantoscope]

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 5:15pm

More events ▼