West Cork Comedian Launches One-man Show

West Cork comedian Tim Hadfield based near Bantry has been busy putting the finishing touches to his first one-man comedy show called 500 FEET ABOVE SEA LEVEL "the last few months have been the most hectic of my career so far" he said

It was this summer that Tim got his major breakthrough writing and performing for the John Creedon Show on RTE Radio One. After being talent-spotted doing a routine at the Half Moon Theatre in Cork he was asked to audition for the show. "They thought the character, a laid back blow-in with off-beat quirky material, would suit a national audience, it is more gentle and thoughtful than traditional stand-up and more closely resembles storytelling, there has been a great response and I'm very grateful to RTE for giving me the exposure"

Tim Hadfield moved to the Mealagh Valley near Bantry with his partner and their child, three years ago and following the current trend bought a wreck of a house. They have since worked hard, spent a fortune and turned it into a ruin. "It was these events and the people around us that inspired me – the place is full of comedians" he added.

Tim, a qualified Interior Designer and Lecturer in three-dimensional design, gave it all up, to pursue a solo career as a stand-up comedian. He started doing comedy about six years ago, one of his earliest gigs was the BBC Comedy Awards where he went through to the semi finals, he also came second in the Hackney All-stars Competition at the London Comedy Festival later that year. He has performed alongside the likes of Harry Hill, Frank Skinner and Jimmy Carr but he is happiest putting on his own show.

500 feet above sea level is Tim Hadfield's first one man show and is a moving relocation tale, one mans journey from central London to rural West Cork, including his thoughts on life and the world around him. "We are hoping to take the show on the road, we've already had enquires from bookers and promoters, but we'll sit down and plan a tour, hopefully for early 2006." In the meantime Tim will be performing at venues around West Cork, presenting his views on the John Creedon Show and preparing for a four night run at the Hampstead Comedy Club in London in December. "I moved over here as part of a cross-channel work avoidance scheme but it isn't working - I am" he said with a smile.

Special guest for the West Cork shows is Aaron Sheehan, a guitarist from Crosshaven, fast gaining a reputation as an original and engaging performer.

Sat 19th Nov.
The Tikki Lounge Academy St. Cork
Sat. 26th
Nov. Connollys of Leap

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Sweet East (NC)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

28th Apr 2024 @ 2:00 pm
More info..

Gerald Ahern

Cantys, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼