Used Car Prices

Apparently used car prices have increased by up to 56% since the start of the pandemic. Brexit has also helped by closing off the clapped out BMW/Mercedes/Audi market. Obviously, Korean shitboxes have continued to depreciate, albeit slowly, but in general if you bought a two year old car in 2020 then it could be worth more now than it was when you bought it.

How bad?

I just did a check there based on your post. The dealer I bought my car from is selling a lesser spec model of my car for only 5k less than what I bought it for nearly 3 years ago. That's probably why they keep calling asking if I want to part with it. Unbelievable !!!

Apparently used car prices have increased by up to 56% since the start of the pandemic. Brexit has also helped by closing off the clapped out BMW/Mercedes/Audi market. Obviously, Korean shitboxes have continued to depreciate, albeit slowly, but in general if you bought a two year old car in 2020 then it could be worth more now than it was when you bought it.

How bad?

It is always a stressful race between falling apart/rust and the depreciation

Will be changing this year,was thinking of going for an opel Astra,but people tell me to stay away from them as they will break my heart. Are the that bad ?

How bad?

The days of affordable cars are over for most.

I just did a check there based on your post. The dealer I bought my car from is selling a lesser spec model of my car for only 5k less than what I bought it for nearly 3 years ago. That's probably why they keep calling asking if I want to part with it. Unbelievable !!!
It’s unreal.
Complete turnaround from normal

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Special Guest Award Winning Ray Harrington - Danny Ryan
City Limits, Coburg St.

20th Apr 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Ceili By The Lee

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 7:30pm

More events ▼