UPC horizon

It's shit - I've been fighting with UPC since I got it about 6 months ago and they just won't acknowledge it's shit.

Shame, because it seriously has the potential to be average.

I reckon the Horizon is grand

I like the media server aspect .

The internet apps on the tv aren't all that , but the recording capability is great and the Horizon TV app is good on the lappy for anytime stuff .
Not working yet on the Android tab , but alright on the iPad .

WiFi is grand on it

Hanging a NAS off it is the bomb .

Channel selection is grand , and you get the free HD ones automatic ( even without the HD pack )

one plug instead of 2 ...

I reckon the Horizon is grand

I like the media server aspect .

The internet apps on the tv aren't all that , but the recording capability is great and the Horizon TV app is good on the lappy for anytime stuff .
Not working yet on the Android tab , but alright on the iPad .

WiFi is grand on it

Hanging a NAS off it is the bomb .

Channel selection is grand , and you get the free HD ones automatic ( even without the HD pack )

one plug instead of 2 ...
Ah come off it, have you ever used a proper DLNA device? The media server on it is shocking. Takes about 25 remote presses to get anywhere and android tabs can't stream off it (not sure if ios ones can). The one plug thing is all well and good until your TV freezes and you have to reboot the box so your internet goes down. I demanded a second box from them because of this and they sent one out quick enough.

Ah come off it, have you ever used a proper DLNA device? The media server on it is shocking. Takes about 25 remote presses to get anywhere and android tabs can't stream off it (not sure if ios ones can). The one plug thing is all well and good until your TV freezes and you have to reboot the box so your internet goes down. I demanded a second box from them because of this and they sent one out quick enough.

My android tabs stream fine off it . Not recordings on the box now , but thats a DRM type thing ... NAS stuff works fine once you install twonky ..

You just fear change !!

( ya the media server isn't the best , but it's there , Sky box dont have that at all ...)

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

The Hollyz

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼