U2

U2 are playing only one gig in Italy and I can't go because it's in Milan :-(

Furthermore, I've noticed that the tickets cost a fortune!!!!!! I saw them in Rome in 2005 and it was a great concert, I'd have loved to go to the 360 tour. I ADORE the new album, it's such a pity I won't be there to hear the songs live :-(

They are selling 10,000 tickets for each gig at a low price, it is expected to be around 35 Euro for these cheaper tickets.(u2 whingers take note)Fanclub members can buy tickets up to 3 days in advance of the public.

jesus.. you are one deluded fool. it costs 50 dollars to join the fanclub (nice way to treat your most loyal eh?) plus 35 euro for the ticket - so approx 80 quid all in for the worst seats in the house.. yep, an absolute bargain :rolleyes:

fuck that

i was lucky enough to see them when they mattered - slane with moby as support the same day ireland beat holland was an unreal experience and they cranked out all of the greats

i was unlucky enough to take a last minute ticket to croker last time out and was subjected to that self serving egotistical moaning twat stumbling round the stage blindfolded for about 30 mins telling us all about africans not being able to see.. i was hoping the cunt would fall off the stage. 90 quid of my hard earned cash to get a lecture about charity from that sanctimonious prick and a round of happy birthday to some activist in burmah or somewhere instead of a decent tune.. fuck bono... right in the ear

jesus.. you are one deluded fool. it costs 50 dollars to join the fanclub (nice way to treat your most loyal eh?) plus 35 euro for the ticket - so approx 80 quid all in for the worst seats in the house.. yep, an absolute bargain :rolleyes:

fuck that

i was lucky enough to see them when they mattered - slane with moby as support the same day ireland beat holland was an unreal experience and they cranked out all of the greats

i was unlucky enough to take a last minute ticket to croker last time out and was subjected to that self serving egotistical moaning twat stumbling round the stage blindfolded for about 30 mins telling us all about africans not being able to see.. i was hoping the cunt would fall off the stage. 90 quid of my hard earned cash to get a lecture about charity from that sanctimonious prick and a round of happy birthday to some activist in burmah or somewhere instead of a decent tune.. fuck bono... right in the ear

here here, well said. i wouldn't care if i got free tickets, i still wouldn't go. they haven't released anything decent since pop, and i wouldn't fancy listening to that ponce for the evening either.

fuck that

Heres the facts v the the uninformed bullshit above.:

You can actually buy up to 4 tickets if you are a fanclub member, so do the maths yourself. Thats not the only benefit of the fanclub, Minger, oh sorry Mangy also failed to mention that members get a double cd of rare material which is not available in the shops or online and online access to various audio and video.

And you don't have to join the fanclub to get tickets, anyone can buy them next Friday. So who is deluding who.

U2 are playing only one gig in Italy and I can't go because it's in Milan :-(

Furthermore, I've noticed that the tickets cost a fortune!!!!!! I saw them in Rome in 2005 and it was a great concert, I'd have loved to go to the 360 tour. I ADORE the new album, it's such a pity I won't be there to hear the songs live :-(

I was looking at going to Milan, but am going to catch them in other places in Europe instead.

It's true some, I repeat some, of the tickets are very expensive, but one has a choice of standing for 63.25 Euro, the actual ticket selection prices for Milan are below.
It is estimated that over half the tickets for their Irish gigs are under 70 Euro, which is below normal pricing compared to other big gigs that are on in Ireland this year, it's cheaper than Oasis, Springsteen,Rod Stewart, Coldplay, Eagles etc. and they are also giving people the option of a really cheap 35 Euro ticket here, albeit not a great seat location, but certainly credit crunch friendly.
This proactive approch for cheaper ticket options, has not been done by any other big name, in fairness they are giving people the choice, other artists are not giving this choice, so people moan if they do it, and moan if they don't.

1 Anello Rosso Num Intero € 172,50
1 Anello Arancio Num Intero € 109,25
1 Anello Blu Num. Intero € 109,25
1 Anello Verde Num. Intero € 109,25
2 Anello Rosso Num. Intero € 109,25
2 Anello Arancio Num Intero € 74,75
2 Anello Blu Num. Intero € 74,75
2 Anello Verde Num. Intero € 74,75
Prato Posto Unico Intero € 63,25
3 Anello Rosso Num. Intero € 57,50
3 Anello Blu Non Num Intero € 34,50
3 Anello Verde Non Num Intero € 34,50

Heres the facts v the the uninformed bullshit above.:

You can actually buy up to 4 tickets if you are a fanclub member, so do the maths yourself. Thats not the only benefit of the fanclub, Minger, oh sorry Mangy also failed to mention that members get a double cd of rare material which is not available in the shops or online and online access to various audio and video.

And you don't have to join the fanclub to get tickets, anyone can buy them next Friday. So who is deluding who.

so for 50 dollars you get a double CD of shite that was not worth releasing and the privilege of being allowed to buy 4 tickets for their gigs? jesus wept.. he's a modern day mother theresa god bless him :rolleyes:

what about the rest of my post? do you really enjoy paying hard earned cash to be lectured on the 3rd world by that prick, when he should be playing the music you paid to hear?

the gigs in croker last time were utter shite - FACT (and I had a decent spot where the sound was not distorted)

No one is forcing you to buy a membership. Paid band fanclub Memberships are not abnormal, most biggish bands have them, and they have a cost associated with them, many of these charge a lot more, some are cheaper. If you don't want to buy one, then don't - get over it.

Again, you are one of many people who is emotionally incapable of seperating Bono and his work outside the band, versus U2.
It is true he did have a very small section of the gig on third world/religion, but it was no where near the 30 minute duration you suggested. And the blindfold bit was to do with religous tolerence and not Africa. So not only were you not listening, you weren't hearing either.
Personally I would prefer if it was left out, I agree there was a cringe moment !,but I also conceed that the band want it in there, so seeing as it was such a minimal part of the show - I am okay with it, allthough it seems to be the only thing you remember, despite the fact they played over 20 songs on each of the 3 nights, and did between 2 and 2.5 hour sets.

In Slane, I was at both gigs, yet these gigs were reasonably similar in setlists(apart from the newish ones from "bomb")to the Croke Park gigs, and you liked one and hated the other.

240,000 attended the 3 Croker gigs in 2005, (a crowd attendance record by the way for seeing an act in ireland)and if they have 3 gigs this time, an even larger crowd will see them there, as they can accommadate more people with the new stage setup. So while there are some minor kinks in previous shows, the vast majority of punters are happy with their gigs.

Thankfully, the people decide whats good and whats not - and not you.

I'm not a U2 fan but I liked them in the early days. I saw them in Cork City Hall in 81 or 82. Around that time, in the middle of touring, they popped down to Kinsale during the day. Unbelievably now, as they were getting on board the local bus (!) back to Cork, a friend of mine was standing in the Q behind Bono. This is how the conversation went:

Friend: Are you Bono from U2?
Bono: Yeah (smile)...are you a fan?
Friend: Nah, I think you're shite.

Still cracks me up :)

I was looking at going to Milan, but am going to catch them in other places in Europe instead.

It's true some, I repeat some, of the tickets are very expensive, but one has a choice of standing for 63.25 Euro, the actual ticket selection prices for Milan are below.
It is estimated that over half the tickets for their Irish gigs are under 70 Euro, which is below normal pricing compared to other big gigs that are on in Ireland this year, it's cheaper than Oasis, Springsteen,Rod Stewart, Coldplay, Eagles etc. and they are also giving people the option of a really cheap 35 Euro ticket here, albeit not a great seat location, but certainly credit crunch friendly.
This proactive approch for cheaper ticket options, has not been done by any other big name, in fairness they are giving people the choice, other artists are not giving this choice, so people moan if they do it, and moan if they don't.

1 Anello Rosso Num Intero € 172,50
1 Anello Arancio Num Intero € 109,25
1 Anello Blu Num. Intero € 109,25
1 Anello Verde Num. Intero € 109,25
2 Anello Rosso Num. Intero € 109,25
2 Anello Arancio Num Intero € 74,75
2 Anello Blu Num. Intero € 74,75
2 Anello Verde Num. Intero € 74,75
Prato Posto Unico Intero € 63,25
3 Anello Rosso Num. Intero € 57,50
3 Anello Blu Non Num Intero € 34,50
3 Anello Verde Non Num Intero € 34,50
What surrpised me is the fact that the tickets for the last tour were not so expensive ;)

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼