Trevor Deely

Yep, 16 years ago last Xmas.

The new footage looks a bit dodgy alright, but there's no way you'd recognise the fella in black anyway.

The footage released today seems a bit clearer than what was on the news the other day which I take must of been the original footage released, fairly clear but no real close ups however you do get a good look at the guy body shape, language etc, someone could recognize him, seems strange it would take this long to enhance the footage that was already there ? given the advances in technology ?.

Anyway why would the missing guy be going back to the bank that late at night ? I realise he met somone there for a cup of tea, but it seems strange any part of the banks building would be open that late ?.

Anyway why would the missing guy be going back to the bank that late at night ? I realise he met somone there for a cup of tea, but it seems strange any part of the banks building would be open that late ?.

I believe they have 24 hour IT Dept operating there, or at least they did back then, and Trevor worked in that Department.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-camera-footage-to-come-forward-35596407.html

Trevor left Buck Whaley's nightclub in Leeson Street after a Christmas party and entered his workplace nearby at Bank of Ireland Asset Management at 3.30am.

Trevor was a member of the IT department of the bank and when he arrived he was "drowned wet", said fellow staff member Karl Pender who was working overnight in IT. Trevor chatted with Karl, briefly logged onto his computer, then went for a coffee with Karl to the office canteen and chatted about the night's Christmas party. He picked up a big umbrella and left the building as the rain poured down.

Around 4am, Trevor called his close friend Glen Cullen and left a voice message telling him he was on his way home and he would talk to him tomorrow. He never reached his apartment. But as a result of an enhancement of images taken from the CCTV cameras gardai are now aware that a man was standing in the doorway of the office, possibly sheltering from heavy rain, as Mr Deely walked in shortly before 3.30am. Mr Deely is seen talking briefly to the man and then walked into the office.

The man is later shown walking across the road. CCTV footage later shows Mr Deely leaving the building and walking along Haddington Road, shortly before 4.15 am.
The footage contains an image of a man walking behind Mr Deely but it is not clear if this is the same man who had earlier been in the doorway.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Flook With Special Guest Patsy Reid
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

9th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

DJ Ian Richards

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼