Transfer Window Thread

Liverpool 80 mill + add-ons for Nunez.

Those are € numbers I believe. In £ terms the rumour is £68m guaranteed and £17m in conditional payments.

On Mane, I think Bayern might well regret low-balling their initial bid. Even their 2nd bid valued Mane (with all add-ons triggered) at £12.5m below Lewandowski and the add-ons would require Bayern to win the CL and Mane to win the Ballon D'Or every season.

Would serve them right if they got gazumped or if Mane got the hump and decided to stay.

On the subject of scots it is incredible to think of how talent from there has dried up over the years,
The SFA seem to have decent enough plans to try and fix that, they’ve revamped underage structures. Will take a few years to come through noticeably but the likes of Hickey should be the start. They’ll still be relying on supplementing with qualified players though.

On the subject of scots it is incredible to think of how talent from there has dried up over the years,

Has it dried up or do EPL and even c'ship clubs now have such an ability to bring talent from any corner of the globe that unless you're the next Dalglish or Law, you're likely to struggle.
Robertson being signed from Hull very much the exception for current generation.
Might be the impact of global reach of clubs or maybe Scottish lads these days just sit around playing Call of Duty and munching fried Mars Bars!!
Same applies here - no longer seem to be producing players of calibre of Giles, Brady, O' Leary, Irwin, Keane or Duff.

Everyone was right and he still had the last laugh. ;)
thats-the-joke-ranier-wolfcastle.gif

Welbeck racked up almost 150 appearances for the club.

Regardless of how well they perform I'd regard a youth prospect as being a success (to some degree) if they manage to play that many times for the club. Especially during an era where the club was competing for the title.

The odds of any youth player getting to that level are pretty low. Add in the £16m fee too and he's been worth the time/effort the club spent developing him.

He's a solid enough player and you couldn't fault him for effort, but he's managed to play so often largely because the bar has dropped so much at the club. Especially in central midfield. For a big chunk of his Utd career he's been a first XI player - but in reality he's a level below the likes of Butt & Phil Neville (...who themselves were subs more often than not).

IMHO he's still pretty much the player he looked like being when he broke through. He hasn't taken major strides forward, but equally he's shown he has the mentality to play for a big club - and there were plenty of times when he showed up while other expensive players shied away.
That;'s EXACTLY what I was saying

I just used far less words, because I'm a tight cunt.

Has it dried up or do EPL and even c'ship clubs now have such an ability to bring talent from any corner of the globe that unless you're the next Dalglish or Law, you're likely to struggle.
Robertson being signed from Hull very much the exception for current generation.
Might be the impact of global reach of clubs or maybe Scottish lads these days just sit around playing Call of Duty and munching fried Mars Bars!!
Same applies here - no longer seem to be producing players of calibre of Giles, Brady, O' Leary, Irwin, Keane or Duff.
Im old enough to remember, Bremner, lorimer, gray, jordan, mcqueen, gemmill, Hansen, dalglish, souness, Later on they had
mcstay, mcallister, mccoist, mcclair,

Im old enough to remember, Bremner, lorimer, gray, jordan, mcqueen, gemmill, Hansen, dalglish, souness, Later on they had
mcstay, mcallister, mccoist, mcclair,
Scotland are just like us Jimmy. They'll have a good team every few years, then a dip, then a rise again etc. It's pure numbers.

However, they appear to be getting their act together as Nelly's post says. We're fucked.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Flook With Special Guest Patsy Reid
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

9th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Monster (12A)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼