Training Run Times

Shit, lads that's pricey for a half. Doing one at the end of June and it was 30 yoyo. Sure, Terrier, we all fucking knew you'd do the Half, lad :)
Sure I knew myself all along C. - bnut couldn't pay the big price. Then last night it was a case of "are you going to be doing nothing at all on Sunday? "
The weather will be interesting alright - with a nice sharp headwind for the last 3 miles. Am looking forward to the buzz though.

Thanks lads. I'll check them out
The recent ones give options to stream music but are a bit more expensive. If you don’t need that you can ignore that option. Also, keep an eye out for sales. If an existing model is updated you’ll find shops selling off the “old” version. Garmin has its own app which gives a lot of detailed information such as heart rates and that sort of thing. The Garmin app syncs with Strava.

Lads, what's a decent, but not Bank busting price wise, watch for running? Something that links with strava, decent display size, injects me with adrenaline every 5 minutes. You know yourself.
I'd go along with the lads. I have a Garmin 55. Bought it in Lidl in one of their new years centre aisle promos.

The app is the best thing It's free and it'll sync your accout to pretty much any other account. If you're into strava, or training peaks or HRM Pro or whatever. But you don't really need them because the app has pretty much all the functionality of others

It's accurate on the track to about 1m. It's good for programming intervals etc.

Mine is 3 or 4 years old. I used to charge it once a week now maybe 3 times a week. battery degradation will be the reason I'll upgrade but also I'm using it way more.

It has VO2, and sleep but not HRM, Running efficiency or preparedness scores. This is probably a good thing. They are notoriously inaccurate and in my opinion are not that useful for a hacker like me

The 55 has heart rate on the wrist. People are snooty about wrist reading. I find it accurate enough when compared to my chest strap except it'll miss the ramp up for intervals but for longer tempo and easy stuff its about the same.

Loads of bang for your buck really.

Apparently Coros is excellent but haven't used it

Last edited:
I got that email last night as well. Had this on my elbow. I’m now wondering what it was used on just before me 🤣
Still it's nice to be advertised to directly after all the years of no attention from marketing, even if it is an offer to stick an electrode on your wang and crank it up to 11.

Looking forward to 25% discount codes on mobility scooters myself

Lads, what's a decent, but not Bank busting price wise, watch for running? Something that links with strava, decent display size, injects me with adrenaline every 5 minutes. You know yourself.
I've had Garmins only the years and every one of them have been great, albeit the battery life wasn't fantastic.
Suunto I got rid of after a year or so. Way too much shit for me to figure out on that.
The creme de la creme for me is the Coros Apex. What a watch! Simple but with everything you need on it. Connects to strava automatically. And the phone for those that afraid they'll miss something? And the battery life is unrivaled! I've had it on GPS for mode for 31+ hrs and it still wasn't dead.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Aaron O Sullivan

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 9:30pm

More events ▼