Training Run Times

BS - you can get your gear after the marathon by approaching the gear pen from any side. Also, you don't have to accept medal or shirt even if you do cross the finish line - in fact you have to go over to the side to get the shirt AND tell the lady which size you want. There might be some credit to the story if it had come out when he was first rumbled - no way it's true when it suddenly appears a week later.
It’s worse when you realize it took over a week and a half to come up with that!

Big news from Athletics Ireland tonight - it turns out that even though we didn’t cover ourselves in glory at Dublin Marathon, in the national championships we got the bronze in the M50 all-Ireland team competiton on the day.
Not quite “campiones” but at least “podiumes” again.

It just shows you - never, ever give up 👍🥳
Haha, that’s class. If you hadn’t hit the gimpy leg it could have been gold and showering in champagne with Rosanna Davidson :)

Had one of those incredible “out of the blue” runs last night - 10.5 miles in the howling wind, thunder and lightning. It was hosing rain for a good portion of the spin too but for some reason, it just all clicked. Needless to say, there wasn’t a sinner out and about - not even runners - so the paths were grand and clear. Ran from Rochestown Inn to Passage then back to start and then did the Blackrock Castle / Marina loop.

I didn’t look at the watch at all but could feel a good vibe and seemed to be running as well into the gale as with it at my back. It was one of those type of runs where you feel a steadily increasing buzz - your body is in top shape and there’s nothing there but you, your running and the dark empty road before you. It’s almost hypnotising as you bate along.

To someone who doesn’t run, you can’t describe it. To someone who does run, you don’t have to.

Steady 7min pace all the way when I checked afterwards - felt effortless.

Go on lads, get out there 😉

Had one of those incredible “out of the blue” runs last night - 10.5 miles in the howling wind, thunder and lightning. It was hosing rain for a good portion of the spin too but for some reason, it just all clicked. Needless to say, there wasn’t a sinner out and about - not even runners - so the paths were grand and clear. Ran from Rochestown Inn to Passage then back to start and then did the Blackrock Castle / Marina loop.

I didn’t look at the watch at all but could feel a good vibe and seemed to be running as well into the gale as with it at my back. It was one of those type of runs where you feel a steadily increasing buzz - your body is in top shape and there’s nothing there but you, your running and the dark empty road before you. It’s almost hypnotising as you bate along.

To someone who doesn’t run, you can’t describe it. To someone who does run, you don’t have to.

Steady 7min pace all the way when I checked afterwards - felt effortless.

Go on lads, get out there 😉
Fair play. and i thought i was superman doing 4 last night.

Clon was some ordeal, conditions were atrocious, started off well first 3 miles average 8.30, then came the first hill, a real test, got up that and pushed on, wind was savage, mile 8 a pebble found its way into my runner, had to stop. took an age to get the shoe off and back on, Drove on again found myself running alongside a girl and we pushed each other on , got back to where we thought the finish was but we had to run an extra 400 metres in a bog of a field, that was a killer, most watches showed 13.3 miles not 13.1, Changed clothes and into the hall for tea and black pudding and sausages, Happy with the run 1.59, considering the weather and the pebble incident,

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Cliffords
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

27th Apr 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼