Training Run Times

Cheers, fella, are you tipping away?
Yeah, kind of.. out for 5km tonight

I got injured a while back and missed at least 3 months, then the youngfella moved age groups in GAA so his matches and training have all moved right into the times I used get out so I haven’t been getting out anywhere near enough. I’m back swimming as well and really enjoying that… swimming for me is everything I just can’t get running to be, it had been years since I was lane swimming, jumped in and knocked out 1500m in 30 mins or so first day back. Running always feels like a struggle

Yeah, kind of.. out for 5km tonight

I got injured a while back and missed at least 3 months, then the youngfella moved age groups in GAA so his matches and training have all moved right into the times I used get out so I haven’t been getting out anywhere near enough. I’m back swimming as well and really enjoying that… swimming for me is everything I just can’t get running to be, it had been years since I was lane swimming, jumped in and knocked out 1500m in 30 mins or so first day back. Running always feels like a struggle
If you can get involved with a club, its a great asset, running alone is a chore, but if you are enjoying the swimming thats a great help.

The garda banned from the Dublin Marathon after allegedly taking the Luas to finish the race told pals he was just trying to pick up his gear.

He handed back his medal and T-shirt after questions were raised over his time. Organisers said the man “will be disqualified from future Dublin Marathon or Dublin Race Series events”.

However, the Irish Mirror has learned the gardaclaims the incident was a misunderstanding and he only ever planned to complete half the 26.2-mile course. A source said: “He has told friends that after he had gone that far, he was knackered and decided to call it a day.

“So he said he got on public transport to pick up his gear, but the only way he could do that was to walk across the finishing line. When he did that, he was automatically given the medal. He says he wasn’t trying to pull the wool over anyone’s eyes.”

Race organisers launched a probe after the man had an average running pace of nearly 10 minutes per mile during the first half of the race but this fell to nearly six minutes per mile after that.

A Garda spokesman said it was investigating the matter itself. The source added: “We are conducting an internal fact-finding review.”

Last month’s Dublin Marathon was the first one since 2019 after the ones in 2020 and 2021 were cancelled due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

The garda banned from the Dublin Marathon after allegedly taking the Luas to finish the race told pals he was just trying to pick up his gear.

He handed back his medal and T-shirt after questions were raised over his time. Organisers said the man “will be disqualified from future Dublin Marathon or Dublin Race Series events”.

However, the Irish Mirror has learned the gardaclaims the incident was a misunderstanding and he only ever planned to complete half the 26.2-mile course. A source said: “He has told friends that after he had gone that far, he was knackered and decided to call it a day.

“So he said he got on public transport to pick up his gear, but the only way he could do that was to walk across the finishing line. When he did that, he was automatically given the medal. He says he wasn’t trying to pull the wool over anyone’s eyes.”

Race organisers launched a probe after the man had an average running pace of nearly 10 minutes per mile during the first half of the race but this fell to nearly six minutes per mile after that.

A Garda spokesman said it was investigating the matter itself. The source added: “We are conducting an internal fact-finding review.”

Last month’s Dublin Marathon was the first one since 2019 after the ones in 2020 and 2021 were cancelled due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
BS - you can get your gear after the marathon by approaching the gear pen from any side. Also, you don't have to accept medal or shirt even if you do cross the finish line - in fact you have to go over to the side to get the shirt AND tell the lady which size you want. There might be some credit to the story if it had come out when he was first rumbled - no way it's true when it suddenly appears a week later.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Rebel Frequencies Presents Songsmiths
The White Horse, Ballincollig

20th Apr 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Fiesta Latina with DJ Wilros

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼