Training Run Times

1:27:15 for me - timeout well up the road with a sizzling 1:20:04 👍

I had a very sluggish start and only got going properly after three or four miles - dunno why. Decent middle section then a bit of a wobble between 10 and 11 but finished the last two strong OK.

A decent course and a good race. Pisspoor management of people traffic before and after the race but otherwise highly recommended.

Will do proper report over the coming days.

Terrier is that rare beast. The man who runs marathons faster than Halfs! This was obviously not a major priority in any case.

Strange about the sluggish start but again that may have been cos you weren't really 'up' for the race. Still not bad tipping along mind!

congrats BPT, BPT's young fella, and TO. Its a beautiful city so i would imagine a very nice race to have run in.

Good going too for JimmY, nice mileage there and you're clearly enjoying being back. I had a knee injury followed by covid and then holidays so was not running for a good few months between all of them. Have been getting out 2-3 times week again the last while and enjoying it, keeping to the 5kms for the moment and will see about stretching it out to 10kms at the weekends again but I definitely dont have the bug the rest of you do so happy tipping away. I tried running with the dog while the young fella was training to kill 3 birds with one stone and it will be the last time I try that!

congrats BPT, BPT's young fella, and TO. Its a beautiful city so i would imagine a very nice race to have run in.

Good going too for JimmY, nice mileage there and you're clearly enjoying being back. I had a knee injury followed by covid and then holidays so was not running for a good few months between all of them. Have been getting out 2-3 times week again the last while and enjoying it, keeping to the 5kms for the moment and will see about stretching it out to 10kms at the weekends again but I definitely dont have the bug the rest of you do so happy tipping away. I tried running with the dog while the young fella was training to kill 3 birds with one stone and it will be the last time I try that!
Keep it going lad, build slowly, I left home yesterday on my own 7.30am and after a minute questioned my sanity, but soon found
myself loving the run, One of my neighbours cycles and has his well trained dog running alongside him , Christ if i tried to run with my fella
Id be dragged all over the place,

Keep it going lad, build slowly, I left home yesterday on my own 7.30am and after a minute questioned my sanity, but soon found
myself loving the run, One of my neighbours cycles and has his well trained dog running alongside him , Christ if i tried to run with my fella
Id be dragged all over the place,
Ah yeah, I'll keep it ticking over

The dog is the latest moment of madness in my life, she was mad for the run but theres always the chance she could cut across you as you go and break her leg or something. It ended up with me not being able to relax for the whole run but it flew by as I was thinking about avoiding her rather than the run itself and she was loving it!

My time is about 1.5 minutes away from where is was for 5km, 26 mins and a few seconds yesterday.

Ah yeah, I'll keep it ticking over

The dog is the latest moment of madness in my life, she was mad for the run but theres always the chance she could cut across you as you go and break her leg or something. It ended up with me not being able to relax for the whole run but it flew by as I was thinking about avoiding her rather than the run itself and she was loving it!

My time is about 1.5 minutes away from where is was for 5km, 26 mins and a few seconds yesterday.
When i started my comeback back in July my first attempt at 4 miles saw me stopping after mile 2 to walk and catch my breath, but as the weeks
went by my breathing improved, You will get back to where you were in a short time,

COPENHAGEN HALF MARATHON 2022
RACE REPORT
Up and at ‘em for an 11:15 gun yesterday. The young lad came in and stayed with me overnight and we got the metro down to the race zone for 10:15. Togged off, threw in the bags and went for a 2-mile warmup with a few strides. Fierce disorganised crowd management before the race but we got into the pen OK and once the elites were introduced, BANG!, we were off.

Crowded as usual for the first few hundred metres and then we got going OK. I never check the watch until the mile mark but I felt like I was running hard at a good race pace. Then mile 1 beeps and I see a fairly pedestrian 6:50 clock up- Jaysus, barely under 1:30 pace. No point in pushing harder - the effort felt right and I’d just have to see if anything better came along.

Still a bit of panic though and the next few miles felt like heavy going but we gradually got the pace moving. The road was fierce crowded and the was loads of traffic islands all over the shop so it was often hard to get space to run.

Good water stations and large (albeit silent) support - you knew you were in a big city race for sure. As we climbed towards five miles I could see I was gradually pulling ahead of the 1:30 pace so that was a relief and I settled into a decent rhythm.

Miles 1 to 5 - 6:50,6:38,6:46,6:39,6:37

We turned onto Frederiksberg and I was passed by a group of 10 or 12 running together(6 or 7 beors). This was a really cool, flag-lined avenue with a bit of a downhill so I tagged on and chatted with them for a bit. They were going for 1:27 so that suited me given the performance over the first miles.

My own splits were much healthier now and this was definitely the best part of the race - even the climb to halfway was OK. We crossed the half mat with 43:57 on the watch - indicating a 1:28 finish.
Around the corner at 12 k and another nice drop for my fastest mile of the day before hitting the old part of the city and running past the castles and parliament. This was a fierce twisty stretch and I got bumped at a water station but was still a lot happier with the running
Miles 6 to 10 - 6:25,6:31,6:23,6:29, 6:37

Things wobbled a bit in mile 10 and 11 - lots of climbing over flyovers and twist corners meant there was no rhythm but once o got to 11 a real stride kicked in and I started to pass fierce crowds of runners all the way from here on. The last turn seems to take a long time to come and then there was almost a full kn to run to the line. I was in good shape coming up along here and crossed the line in fairly calm mode!

Miles 11 to end - 6:35,6:27,6:26 (6:18)

1A4FC57E-8EB2-4BBC-93A8-357820681394.jpeg
Epic run by the dawn’s early light up in Dublin this morning. Not a ripple on the water nor a puff of wind as the sun came up over the bay. 12 handy miles given the effort of Sunday. Decent tarmac on the bike track pretty much the whole way out and back. Some start to the day.

I heart running.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Sweet East (NC)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

28th Apr 2024 @ 2:00 pm
More info..

Tony Roberts

The Welcome Inn, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼