Training Run Times

How is everyone else doing? Not much running in the furnace South of France I'd say C?
Got out for about 5k this morning! 'Easy' pace, lol. I'll try to tip away while I'm South but I find that I sleep poorly in the heat and then about 6 in the morning when you should be going for a jog is when it's coolest.......Anyway, can't complain. Hope you're all well folks. I'm up to 12k for the Long Run!!

Slowly getting back onto the wagon and turning thoughts and training towards Dublin. Just get the weekly mileage up is the order of the day for now - 32 this week and towards 40 next week before heading on 2 weeks holidays. Depending on the heat abroad the aim will be to keep mooching in the high 30s / low 40s and then turn it up in the middle of August.

All the carry on with injuries means I’m in two minds about scheduling any fast stuff - and even nervous about upping the mileage too far out from the race. Keep on keeping on the core work and the daily calf lifts and maximise the benefit of the mileage that is being done. Decent hilly 17-miler with the lads this morning was another step up. Great to be out there 👍

Hehe, good one Jimmy. I'm getting in a small bit of warm weather training here in Valencia. Just don't like the heat and humidity but getting a few laboured 8 and 10k runs in. Progress is shockingly slow. And to boot the bloody hip was a bit sore yesterday which it hadn't been recently. I'm hoping that I can add a few Kms to the runs when I get back up North. Unfortunately, looks like I'll just miss TimeO here and won't be able to jog along the old river bed with him. Shame. The Terrier going well, 17 rolling miles, how bad?!?

Hehe, good one Jimmy. I'm getting in a small bit of warm weather training here in Valencia. Just don't like the heat and humidity but getting a few laboured 8 and 10k runs in. Progress is shockingly slow. And to boot the bloody hip was a bit sore yesterday which it hadn't been recently. I'm hoping that I can add a few Kms to the runs when I get back up North. Unfortunately, looks like I'll just miss TimeO here and won't be able to jog along the old river bed with him. Shame. The Terrier going well, 17 rolling miles, how bad?!?
Building very slowly here, doing 3 miles, walk 5 minutes and running 1 more, just trying to build fitness levels,
john buckley 10 will be too soon for me, aug 20th

The Terrier going well, 17 rolling miles, how bad?!?
Happy with progress so far C. About 40 miles per week.
Heading off on holidays now for a few weeks - into the searing heat of southern France - so I’m hoping I can keep some bit of work going. I don’t think there’ll be any long runs - if I can tip away at 30 miles per week I’d be delighted.

Happy with progress so far C. About 40 miles per week.
Heading off on holidays now for a few weeks - into the searing heat of southern France - so I’m hoping I can keep some bit of work going. I don’t think there’ll be any long runs - if I can tip away at 30 miles per week I’d be delighted.
If you do try any long runs, just make sure to have some water or liquid gels with you. I remember a few grueling 28k or so runs here a few years ago. You'd be hallucinating towards the end about cold drinks/chocolate/bananas. Ok, basically a milkshake, but you know what I mean. (What's your estimated dates for passing the Grand Duchy on the way back, or have you changed plans?)

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

9th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼