Training Run Times

Kinda messed up I know but when I wasn't able to run at all in April,Just being able to run Pain Free was a major milestone....Was like a man reborn
You're preaching to the choir 😉 I've been in that situation myself once or twice. Any extra miles? I know there's been a few tricky turns to spot on the course over the years.

You're preaching to the choir 😉 I've been in that situation myself once or twice. Any extra miles? I know there's been a few tricky turns to spot on the course over the years.
Missed just 1 turn...The left turn to Banna about 2 miles outside Ardfert….Only put about a mile extra before Jim corrected me...That mile hurt

Got back out yesterday, I was building back up to 5k runs to shed the lockdown and dad bod 2 months back when my calf went. It’s been “ok” for a while though feels tight after intense gym sessions.
Broke back in gently with some intervals and it seemed to survive it, some residual tightness afterwards but eased it out with a stretch.

My aim is to get back to doing 5k runs comfortably and then extending for a bit longer once a week. With baby 2 on the scene I figure it will be easier to get out for a run than it will be at times.

Ran tuesday night, woke wednesday my shin was sore again, still sore but easing,
Will go out sunday morning for four miles, If i get a bad reaction again i may have to face reality and
accept this isnt going to dissappear completely, spoke to a guy during the week, mid 40s a very active runner
but has had knee issues last few months , consultant told him last week that it is time to put away the runners,

A mere two years late and after a litany of untruths and missed deadlines,, the corpo have finally reopened the Monkstown line.
A brutalist orgy of ramps, steps, concrete and tarmac with a lot more of the same to come. Blackrock station is an embarrassment - an absolute dog's dinner.
The new surface is good tbf.

Anyway, there was only ever going to be one route for this morning's 13-miler with the lads.

1658083767584.png

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jeito Moleque
The Kino, Washington Street West

12th Apr 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼