Training Run Times

Sorry to hear about the hammer Jimmy . A little rest should do the trick and will be beneficial in the long run .

On the injury front I had a much lighter week after picking up a "knock" myself on Thursday evening . I was out in the rain running and was going along on a downhill section of newly laid limestone paving and slipped , ended up landing on the left side of back around the shoulder blade area . I was lucky not to break anything but the tactile paving left an interesting series of bruises .

Hoping to get back out tomorrow night after a few days rest.
Good to hear its not too bad Humphrey

Running downhill in wet conditions is a nightmare - couldn't relax last Tuesday on my run because of it, especially this time of year with wet leaves still on the paths

Good to hear its not too bad Humphrey

Running downhill in wet conditions is a nightmare - couldn't relax last Tuesday on my run because of it, especially this time of year with wet leaves still on the paths
Its very frustrating , I was away in my own world at the time and then before you know you are panned out on the footpath . Concentration is the main thing , wet leaves , curbing etc. can all be treacherous in wet and cold weather.

Its very frustrating , I was away in my own world at the time and then before you know you are panned out on the footpath . Concentration is the main thing , wet leaves , curbing etc. can all be treacherous in wet and cold weather.
It’s an absolute nightmare, im in the same boat where I can never relax on winter runs. Throw into the mix that I’m in Scotland and it will be frosty and icy for the remainder of the season and I don’t end up doing much outdoors.

Strength program in the gym it is, with the odd jog thrown in,

Jimmy do you do any bit of strength work in the gym? Not now obviously but I’m general?
Jimmy do you do any bit of strength work in the gym? Not now obviously but I’m general?
Ideally i would love to but time is against me, Before xmas i was doing a bit of strength work at home, wall squats etc
but have lapsed, will have to factor that back into my routine, I have kettle bells at home which i will use,

Ideally i would love to but time is against me, Before xmas i was doing a bit of strength work at home, wall squats etc
but have lapsed, will have to factor that back into my routine, I have kettle bells at home which i will use,
Definitely worth it.
KB swings in particular are a great excercise but yeah only so many days in a week and hours in a day

Take every second you can get especially over the fast stuff, we inevitably lose some speed as we graduate through the categories. You had a crap couple of years through injury and to get back to running PB's is fantastic.

I have all but pulled out of Seville. I could go over for the weekend and get around comfortably, maybe even enjoy it. Im just not fit enough to race it. Its a long way to go for a long run. Will chat with the rest of the gang on our long run tomorrow, half in the hope that others decide against as well. I think all 7 of us had all signed up last Autumn!
Bummer but best to avoid a suffer fest if the fitness isn’t there yet. Perhaps Dublin?

The realisation I’m supposed to be running a half in Paris in two months was looming large for the last few days. I was racking up steady comfortable mileage until about three weeks ago when a chest infection put a stop to me. (I hope. Negative PCR and antigen tests but someone in the house did have it) Able to run but heart rate is very high, even going slowly, and that’s making life difficult. I had to get six miles done today to stay on track and did that and it was a bit better than the last few runs at least. Just checked and on a cheery note, this day last year I broke my leg. 😬 Time flies.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Toucan
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

11th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼