Training Run Times

It had to happen, weight comes into the equation. It is vital of course, when I was a teen i was skinny, a bare 9 stone. Then I went up to 81kilos and have come down to 73 now. If I could get it down to 70 I'd be really happy. It's only common sense and would hopefully help the ould knees and whatnot as well.

It had to happen, weight comes into the equation. It is vital of course, when I was a teen i was skinny, a bare 9 stone. Then I went up to 81kilos and have come down to 73 now. If I could get it down to 70 I'd be really happy. It's only common sense and would hopefully help the ould knees and whatnot as well.

In terms of weight loss consider other forms of exercise as well as running to avoid short and long term injury problems.
Stairmasters, rowing machines and cross trainers can be boring as fuck but useful in the mix.

In terms of weight loss consider other forms of exercise as well as running to avoid short and long term injury problems.
Stairmasters, rowing machines and cross trainers can be boring as fuck but useful in the mix.

I started the whole gym thing to lose weight and I'd like to lose another 1/2 stone or so but I discovered then that I like running.
I use the other machines as well but you can't beat running in the fresh air.

I use the other machines as well but you can't beat running in the fresh air.

bingo, out of interest elwood, did you lose much weight when you were using equipment in the gym? i ask this because you like running outside so you probably find running on treadmills boring and give up after 5 minutes like myself when i tried using gym equipment, its just so bloody dull like

bingo, out of interest elwood, did you lose much weight when you were using equipment in the gym? i ask this because you like running outside so you probably find running on treadmills boring and give up after 5 minutes like myself when i tried using gym equipment, its just so bloody dull like

I've lost about a stone and a half in total so far.
I like running outside but will also spend at least an hour in the gym when I'm there.
It's been a combination of both,the gym is good for overall toning,various cardio machines and a bit of weights.
I don't mind running on a treadmill for about 5k but running outside is just more interesting.

vital is right. weight is the enemy of any economy especially when running. running on the road activates more muscle fibers than running on a threadmill, but the dreadmill is still a usefull tool, especially if you alternate you road runs with mill running.

it gives the joints and tendons a chance to recover due to their shock absorbing qualitys, whilst still giving your muscles and c.v. system a good work out. just remember to put it on 1% incline to stimulate wind resistance etc.

if your nees are an issue, start taking glucosamine with cod liver oil. you can get both items in an easy all in one cap from hollend and barret, or as "active 55 " by seven seeds.
glucosamine is a branch amino acid derived from shellfish which repairs and protects ligamints an tendons{knees} whilst the cod liver oil is great for everything joint related.
5 euro for a 2 month supply, as well as peice of mind.

i have seen arthrithic men in their 50s who compet in powerlifting, as well as many runners, swearing by this stuff. my own mother{god love her} suffered a terrible accident years ago, and her therapist told her that people all over the world where turning on to this natural product, and putting down their walking sticks, aids whatever.

In response to the original post, your body does go through a natural lull in the early-ish afternoon. That's why you often feel a bit jaded between half one and 4. Neurologically, the same thing causes this and the sleepy feeling we get every night. The neurons that react to the day time and set your body clock are called "Zeitgebers" and the cycles are called "Circadian Rhythms". It's thought to be part of the reason why in some countries there's an age-old tradition of taking a hour or two off in the early afternoon.

I love the buzz like. I love waking up in pain. I love running so hard you get sick. I love finding it hard to breathe because ye run too hard. I love overtaking people. I love sprint finishes. I love it. Ah, it's my addiction.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

Rebel Comedy Club

Franciscan Well Brew Pub, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼