Training Run Times

hi carmona. with regards to running in the am or pm, lots of studies have been done. it turns out that most peoples "bio rythms" favour later in the evening, but then again some people are morning people so there is no golden rule.

if your only starting out, you should first, get your foot fall or "gait " analiysed in a sport shop, and then buy the apropraite footware depending on the results. a good pair of asics or mizunos will set you back between 70 and 120 depending on how fashion concious you are.

the second thing i would get is a heart rate monitor, by polar air, which will cost you 50 euros.
if your doing a few k or miles, then your endurance training, and its important to have a handle on your heart rate, and to keep it in the all important fat burning zone {z1/z2}
a rough guide to this is 180, minus your age. this will give you a rough indication as to where your lactate threshold is at. go above this number and you will be burning sugar in the form of muscle glycogen, stay below and you will be stripping / butning the fat off you big time.

and finally, the most important thing when constructing a running programm is, NEVER break the 10% rule. that is to say, if you feel good on your run,and are tempted to run further, dont add on more than 10% in total mileage.

and what stevie and anvil said is golden. try and run on the grass or the track if possible. lots of runs around cork can be found on logmyrun.com and beginnerstriatlethe.com

my spelling is shit btw,

As always with Tim some of his post is okay and the rest is bollocks.
Buy a decent set of trainers,don't bother with the monitor,forget about running at certain times and stuff the 10 per cent rule.
If you feel good run as far as you can then stop.
If you don't feel like a run don't bother as it should always be enjoyable even if it hurts.
And remember running is just walking speeded up and who the fuck needs advice on how to walk.

good man anvil here we go again.

running should never hurt when your beginning, and you should always finish feeling like you could do a bit more.running when hurt or weak leads to bad form, causing injurys.

theres a great book in waterstones at the moment called "chi running" a best seller which explaines a lot of this stuff.

running is not walking speeded up, your center of gravity preceeds your footfall when you run correctly, when you walk your c of g is nutral.

anyway anvil what would i know.

whats your best marathon time btw?

As always with Tim some of his post is okay and the rest is bollocks.
Buy a decent set of trainers,don't bother with the monitor,forget about running at certain times and stuff the 10 per cent rule.
If you feel good run as far as you can then stop.
If you don't feel like a run don't bother as it should always be enjoyable even if it hurts.
And remember running is just walking speeded up and who the fuck needs advice on how to walk.

the guy who wrote chi running observed that you can go to anygym in the world, and take a class on anything. weights, yoga , swimming ,self defence ,areobics{anvys fav} but nowhere was there a class on running.the most fundamental ascessable form of exercise known to man and most people do it wrong.

this book knocked 20 minutes off my 20 mile time , in 4 months.

good man anvil here we go again.

running should never hurt when your beginning, and you should always finish feeling like you could do a bit more.running when hurt or weak leads to bad form, causing injurys.

theres a great book in waterstones at the moment called "chi running" a best seller which explaines a lot of this stuff.

running is not walking speeded up, your center of gravity preceeds your footfall when you run correctly, when you walk your c of g is nutral.

anyway anvil what would i know.

whats your best marathon time btw?

New York - on a blistering day.
And you ?

Respect.
Maybe you're not such a tool after all :D

or you. your time is great in the heat.
i did the ironman nice this year and totally fucked the run, blowing out at mile 15 for a dnf.
the heat absoluty fucked me .
fucked me. puking the lot. i dropped a powerbar on the bike leg in the alps and it melted.

or you. your time is great in the heat.
i did the ironman nice this year and totally fucked the run, blowing out at mile 15 for a dnf.
the heat absoluty fucked me .
fucked me. puking the lot. i dropped a powerbar on the bike leg in the alps and it melted.

You're talking gibberish now Tim.
I'd go easy on the steroids if I was you.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jeito Moleque
The Kino, Washington Street West

12th Apr 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼