Training Run Times

What was winning time?
2:01:53 for Kelvin Kiptum to win it - 3rd fastest of all time (only Kipchoge and Bekele have beaten it)

2:!4:58 for Amane Beriso to win the women's race - again, 3rd fastest of all time

2:16:49 for Gidey

2:21:34 for the 45 year-old Sinead Diver - 11th place and a new Aussie record

Be interesting now - you've always said it was a mega-fast course but being a low money marathon means the big lads have never turned up. Didn't matter this year!

My legs are in absolute bits. Finished in 3.26 which was the goal, but those last 9k. Jesus, they were screaming at me to stop. I just couldn't slow the pace in the first half at all. So hard to do with hundreds around you. Didn't help that I was in a faster pen....
Nice wan - you did it, you finished. We'll await the story and the splits !

Jesus, sub 2:02. They've been trying to get Kipchoge the last few years. They'll throw money at him, that's not the issue. The problem is the name and tradition. Kipchoge sees London, Berlin, now maybe Boston for next year. Then he sees Valencia. Doesn't have the same history. But seeing that time today he might be regretting it 🙂. Weather was perfect too. But I've always found it tough. I finished Cork stronger than I ever have Valencia, even in my best year.

Last edited:
My legs are in absolute bits. Finished in 3.26 which was the goal, but those last 9k. Jesus, they were screaming at me to stop. I just couldn't slow the pace in the first half at all. So hard to do with hundreds around you. Didn't help that I was in a faster pen....
great stuff,well done

Good man! You’re back on the marathon bandwagon now…enjoy the recovery!

Congrats Carmona. Well done.

On the train to Barcelona, might as well a kind of report. I've bored people enough with my injury issues on here these last 20 months, so I'll skip that stuff. Started running again in June, doing 6k or so and bit by bit I looked to up the distance. I had an entry for Valencia for ages, deferred last year. As the months passed I was indeed able to up the training. By late September I had a 20k run in training and managed a HM in 1.38. So far, so good. Some days the hip, Itb and knee would be sore but some entry level Pilates seemed to help. Ok, let's push on in training and try to get to 32kms. Managed that and eventually got to about 80k a week for a few weeks. I think 79 was actually the best 🙂. Did a 33.x run one day so I knew I had a good chance of getting around. Almost no "Quality" sessions except one or two at faster than planned race pace. Next post. The morning of the marathon

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

9th May 2024 @ 4:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼