Training Run Times

Had a tough day at the office. Got injured 4weeks out so did no running for the 4 weeks. Last long run was an 18 miler. Was up on the spin bike for the few weeks. Was clocking in 80 mile weeks up till the injury. Went to the start line with the pain still in my hip. Hobbled around the course at 8min miles, came in a 3:37, a far cry from my 2:53 in Boston a few years ago. Glad to get it ticked off though, so only have Tokyo left to do of the 6 majors. I enjoyed the peace and quit of the bridges. Found the noise on the course to be unbearable at times. I've sensitive old ears though

Had a tough day at the office. Got injured 4weeks out so did no running for the 4 weeks. Last long run was an 18 miler. Was up on the spin bike for the few weeks. Was clocking in 80 mile weeks up till the injury. Went to the start line with the pain still in my hip. Hobbled around the course at 8min miles, came in a 3:37, a far cry from my 2:53 in Boston a few years ago. Glad to get it ticked off though, so only have Tokyo left to do of the 6 majors. I enjoyed the peace and quit of the bridges. Found the noise on the course to be unbearable at times. I've sensitive old ears though
Jeez, you were doing 80 mile weeks, must've been in good shape. What a shame to get injured then. Btw, don't be knocking them 8 min miles now, fella..........

Thanks lads. The gas part was, was that I missed the start of the race and ended up going out with wave 2. Worked out though cause if I had gone out with the sub 3ers, my heart would have sank seeing them take off into the distance. I'm relived at the time because I was fully expecting not to finish at all. Was gong to pull the plug on it all together and try again next year. We're a stubborn old bunch though.

“The participant ran an average of ten minutes per mile in the first half of the race, but then quickened to nearly six minutes per mile”

“The participant ran an average of ten minutes per mile in the first half of the race, but then quickened to nearly six minutes per mile”
Yah, he was just cutting in like, saving his energy for the second half!
These lads must be complete greenhorns to think that the splits won't show them up.

Immediately made me think of this:

Early Olympics really were amazing (though this is obviously the extreme end of it)

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tom Odell
Live At The Marquee

25th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Prophet Song: Cork World Book Fest

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼