Training Run Times

A little update. I'm tipping away. Getting out every second day for the most part. Long run up to 14.5kms. Though the hip issue has never really been sorted, the stretching and exercises do seem to be helping. Doing almost nothing other than slow runs; hoping to build an aerobic base that way. I'm signed up for a Half at the end of September. There won't be any fireworks!!!

Advice needed, I signed up for the John Buckley 10 miles saturday week, I havent done a long run since march,
lately doing mainly 5 or 6 miles, should i do maybe 8 miles early next week? family stuff means i cant do long run this weekend,
I dont intend racing the John Buckley 10 but just to enjoy it,

Advice needed, I signed up for the John Buckley 10 miles saturday week, I havent done a long run since march,
lately doing mainly 5 or 6 miles, should i do maybe 8 miles early next week? family stuff means i cant do long run this weekend,
I dont intend racing the John Buckley 10 but just to enjoy it,
If you’ve been consistent with the five or six you should be able to do it after eight right if you’re taking it handy.

Enjoying the early morning runs, up at 6am, banana and water, out the door 6.15. 5 miles @ 9 min pace,
Back home, shower, porridge and off to work, Handy at the moment as it frees up time for the kids in the evening,

Haven't posted in ages , seems like a few here have been going through some injury woes like myself .

Got a dose of COVID-19 in late January/Early February and it took the best part of 4 weeks to get any real energy back ( I was vaccinated) . Was tipping away nicely until the last week of May getting some planned training in before the left knee caused me some problems . Long story short have spent the guts of nearly three months doing non - impact gym work before finally getting out for 3km on Sunday . It was absolutely magic . Took me nearly 20 minutes but it was great to be back out moving again !

Building it all back up very slowly now .

Haven't posted in ages , seems like a few here have been going through some injury woes like myself .

Got a dose of COVID-19 in late January/Early February and it took the best part of 4 weeks to get any real energy back ( I was vaccinated) . Was tipping away nicely until the last week of May getting some planned training in before the left knee caused me some problems . Long story short have spent the guts of nearly three months doing non - impact gym work before finally getting out for 3km on Sunday . It was absolutely magic . Took me nearly 20 minutes but it was great to be back out moving again !

Welcome back, the elation of that first run is great, take your time now and dont get too adventurous,

What a dose. Take it easy on the comeback.

Good man Humphrey, keep at it lad!

Meanwhile, we had a magnificent lunch at Carmona Towers in the Grand Duchy today - the great man is looking well, getting the miles in and displayed a muscular, fit-looking physique. Rumours of his demise are exaggerated for sure.

It’s been an interesting holiday with the temperature in the mid 30’s all the way - not great tenting weather when you’re still looking at 29/30 degrees at midnight. Running can only really take place from 6 to 8 am, which is not ideal if you’re having a glass or two the night before. Still, had a few decent spins in some great locations. Will post a few details when we struggle back off the Rosslare ferry in the coming days 😉

Good man Humphrey, keep at it lad!

Meanwhile, we had a magnificent lunch at Carmona Towers in the Grand Duchy today - the great man is looking well, getting the miles in and displayed a muscular, fit-looking physique. Rumours of his demise are exaggerated for sure.

It’s been an interesting holiday with the temperature in the mid 30’s all the way - not great tenting weather when you’re still looking at 29/30 degrees at midnight. Running can only really take place from 6 to 8 am, which is not ideal if you’re having a glass or two the night before. Still, had a few decent spins in some great locations. Will post a few details when we struggle back off the Rosslare ferry in the coming days 😉
It was all going grand until Terrier asked for a cup of tea after lunch. FFS. 😂

Best run in five months early this morning, 5 miles @ 8.50 pace, really felt strong after 1st mile,
Looking forward to john buckley 10 mile saturday, very nice top arrived yesterday,

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Polly Barrett
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

8th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Noughty Club Night

The Pavilion, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼