Training Run Times

Smurf, that's a damn shame lad. Do you think it's something that will be ok with some rest and treatment or is it serious? Hopefully, the former, mate as you really seemed to have come back strong. Fingers crossed for a great second half of the year.

Thanks Lads.

This place is like a small hospital room lately :) I guess the age demographic lends itself to the issues were are seeing.

A shame for sure Carmona. An entirely new injury but on the same leg. Another feckin Tendon. There is clear imbalance in strength between left and right. If I do a double heel raise against the wall there is a noticeable lack of muscle definition on the right calf versus the left. I need to do a lot of work there. Cork would have been great, i feel i could have done something. Not to worry, most importantly ive proven that i can get the fitness back despite old age! I will hopefully sort the achillies with a few weeks or rehab and shockwave, get back racing during the summer and have a proper crack off Dublin.
If i did try to get back to quickly for cork i could set myself back for a lot longer.

In terms of the marathon route for Cork. I am told that City Council will have that unfinished stretch on the railway line open on the day. not sure what surface will be in place.

Haven't done an update in a while - mainly because I was backing off after Boston. I went out for a 5-miler easy at the Farm the Saturday after the race but my left leg was in bits, calf, hammer and glute all in pain. So I'd to stop after 3. Waited another week and went for 4 OK the next Saturday, then 4 on tarmac the Tuesday after that and 5 at the farm on Saturday just gone - definitely easier.

I'm away in the States for work this week and went out for a 6-miler over here this morning. I did a lot of the hard work for Dublin 2019 on this circuit and was looking forward to experiencing it again. Something definitely went right as quite a few of the miles ticked by at sub-7 pace - felt fresh for sure.

The one other thing is I still don't trust the hamstring so am going to hit the physio once a month for examination, advice and "prehab" on that. He tested strength, and flexibility and then adjusted ( i.e., added to) the bi-weekly exercise program when I went in to him on Friday.

Rest of 2022 will be very much focused on DCM. If I injury allows a proper training program, then I'd love to give it a right good go.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jack L
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

4th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼