Training Run Times

My rough marathon training plan, some of the experienced lads may advise a few changes?
December & January carry on as i am now, Tuesday 4 miles with interval training, Thursday 4 miles.
sunday 10 miles, a bit of strength work in between runs, February increase sunday runs to maybe 15 miles,
March /april do a few 20 and even a 22 miles, May do one 22 miler early in month and taper off , do 10
miles the week before the big day,

My rough marathon training plan, some of the experienced lads may advise a few changes?
December & January carry on as i am now, Tuesday 4 miles with interval training, Thursday 4 miles.
sunday 10 miles, a bit of strength work in between runs, February increase sunday runs to maybe 15 miles,
March /april do a few 20 and even a 22 miles, May do one 22 miler early in month and taper off , do 10
miles the week before the big day,
There are a fair clatter of training programmes out there and they are handy so you stick to your goal. I used the Hal Higdon ones in the past and found them good but I know some of the others on here use different ones. The advantage to me of the Higdon ones were the different levels you can use.

B494B859-0737-423D-BD5D-BE3FF130E87A.jpeg
Up and down today for sure - 240metres of climbing isn’t quite the Gap of Dunloe but we were well shagged after the 16.
Big change in the weather this past week - gloves and hat needed to start most runs these days.

Jesus, I did a stupid thing today. The youngfella had a soccer match this morning so I was doing a bit of one touch stuff with him and stretched while I was freezing, left inside thigh felt the strain. Watched the match, went home and changed for a run and couldn’t stretch properly in that side. Went anyway and the first few kms was sore, then I warmed up and it eased to just discomfort, took it handy on the pace but ran the 8km. The minute I pulled up it started to tighten and now I’m a carrying the leg

What a fucking eejit :(

Jesus, I did a stupid thing today. The youngfella had a soccer match this morning so I was doing a bit of one touch stuff with him and stretched while I was freezing, left inside thigh felt the strain. Watched the match, went home and changed for a run and couldn’t stretch properly in that side. Went anyway and the first few kms was sore, then I warmed up and it eased to just discomfort, took it handy on the pace but ran the 8km. The minute I pulled up it started to tighten and now I’m a carrying the leg

We all do things like that, the dread of missing a run has us saying ah sure it's only a niggle I will run it off,

Where was that BT? I ventured out 8am to do 8 miles, after a minute it rained heavily but I persevered, rain eased off after 3 miles, 8.50 pace ,happy enough,
6 miles around Marina / Blackrock then Summerhill then Glen church loop a few times Jimmy. Glen Church is going to get very familiar if the prep for Boston goes to plan…

Unlikely you'd have done serious damage with simple stretching and 8km - rest up, massage, light jogging, run on grass etc. Hopefully should be grand in a few days lad

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jordan Mackampa
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

16th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Jennifer Lyons

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼