Training Run Times

Finished seven miles today and probably could have hit eight. Foot numbness a couple of times but brief spells of walking seems to calm it down. So Cork Half back on the horizon if I add an extra mile a week over the next six weeks. If not, 10k is definitely a goer. Anyone else thinking of the June bank holiday weekend?

Finished seven miles today and probably could have hit eight. Foot numbness a couple of times but brief spells of walking seems to calm it down. So Cork Half back on the horizon if I add an extra mile a week over the next six weeks. If not, 10k is definitely a goer. Anyone else thinking of the June bank holiday weekend?
Nice going MarkY, good to see you stretching it out again. I had the same run Sat morning in the sunshine.. gloroius morning for it, went out to do 10km but carried on as I was enjoying it. Unfortunately the youngfella had a match so I had to cut it at that. 11.25km @ 5.06 pace

Headed out form ballyphehane sunday 6.45am, Did tow miles around the area and headed out the south Douglas road, Crossed over to back Douglas rd,
Got to junction of well road 4 miles done, 9 mins pace, Was hoping to be 9.15 pace in order to save a bit , Carried on past Douglas court,
Onto Rochestown road, Turned onto greenway @6.25 miles, eased back the pace and headed for the marina, Got to Pairc ui chaoimh
and headed up Monahan road, Got to top monahan road and watched pinged 10 miles, still 9 min pace,
Down centre park road and turned left to the big car park near the rowing club, 11 done and decided to walk for two minutes,
Ran down the marina and back onto the line turned at 13.1 and watch showed 2hr .03 mins Headed back up marina and onto centre park road, top centre park road had me through 15 miles , Pace had really slowed now, I knew i had a tough hill ahead from summerhill south past capwell bus garage
through the lights at evergreen rd and up murphys gardens towards Deerpark school so walked the hill, Got moving again mile 16.4,
Nice downhill past Ballyphhane park Down onto connolly road and hit 17 miles, Walked another 1/4 mile and ran fron Ballyphehane church
to the lough traffic lights and doubled back, Hit mile 18 just opposite Noel murphys bar,

Th
Headed out form ballyphehane sunday 6.45am, Did tow miles around the area and headed out the south Douglas road, Crossed over to back Douglas rd,
Got to junction of well road 4 miles done, 9 mins pace, Was hoping to be 9.15 pace in order to save a bit , Carried on past Douglas court,
Onto Rochestown road, Turned onto greenway @6.25 miles, eased back the pace and headed for the marina, Got to Pairc ui chaoimh
and headed up Monahan road, Got to top monahan road and watched pinged 10 miles, still 9 min pace,
Down centre park road and turned left to the big car park near the rowing club, 11 done and decided to walk for two minutes,
Ran down the marina and back onto the line turned at 13.1 and watch showed 2hr .03 mins Headed back up marina and onto centre park road, top centre park road had me through 15 miles , Pace had really slowed now, I knew i had a tough hill ahead from summerhill south past capwell bus garage
through the lights at evergreen rd and up murphys gardens towards Deerpark school so walked the hill, Got moving again mile 16.4,
Nice downhill past Ballyphhane park Down onto connolly road and hit 17 miles, Walked another 1/4 mile and ran fron Ballyphehane church
to the lough traffic lights and doubled back, Hit mile 18 just opposite Noel murphys bar,

That’s a big run JimmY, nice work

BTW - I presume there’s a reason the post stopped suddenly when you hit the hallowed turf of Noel Murphy’s?! Nollaig outside in his wife beater and shorts hailing you in?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jack L
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

4th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Robot Dreams (G)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼