Tiga

went to see him last night in montreal

load of shit really... played all crowdpleasers and big tunes (e.g. tomas andersson - washing up), and his set got really monotonous after a while... he really just strikes me as a figurehead type... a bit of a fashion icon who plays music that lacks real balls...

the support DJ played excellent music though... and the ladies of montreal are fiiine!!!

anyone else ever see him play?... any opinions?... does he do live sets?

paulie said:

load of shit really... played all crowdpleasers and big tunes (e.g. tomas andersson - washing up), and his set got really monotonous after a while... he really just strikes me as a figurehead type... a bit of a fashion icon who plays music that lacks real balls...

the support DJ played excellent music though... and the ladies of montreal are fiiine!!!

anyone else ever see him play?... any opinions?... does he do live sets?

i've seen him twice, and that is what he does. he does exactly what is says on the tin, hes an icon for the popular side of electro. He is a good dj though, better than feliux the housecat etc. Hes the same as erol alkan, 2 many dj's etc.

He couldnt really do a live set as he doesnt make any of his own tunes.

paulie said:

Ttue dat. Just look at him in his latest music video, i never really like any of his productions, dont see what the craze is all about.

tiga and felix da housecat are one in the same imo. both ex-techno djs that got a shit load of cash thrown their way and will continue to play safe predictable sets to mullet wearing fashionista morons who spend their time jumping on trends until that cash stops getting thrown at them, which hopefully will be sometime soon.

ah jaysus i wouldnt go that far . Tiga's recent direction gets on my nerves a bit - that Faraway from Home track or whatever its called is shite - but he's done some decent stuff too.

he might be popular and he might have got aload of fashion twats into dance music but he's bringing something different to the table and if you dont take it too seriously he's allright . i'd rather he was flying the popularist dance music flag than tiesto or paul van dyke if you get me

he's a decent DJ too when he wants to be - saw him at sonar 2/3 years ago and he was good . Felix on the other hand is beyond a joke at this stage

Felix was and is tone deaf. He has had some cracking tunes but he's an abysmal DJ. He cant even beat match consistently and has no idea how to sequence.

Sound said:
Felix was and is tone deaf. He has had some cracking tunes but he's an abysmal DJ. He cant even beat match consistently and has no idea how to sequence.

the fucked up thing is that he CAN dj, quite brilliantly too, but somehow he seems to have completely forgotten how to. the only time i saw him bout 4/5 years ago he was deadly.

Just out of curosity what did you think he was going to play paulie?

If i went to see him id be expecting washing up and all the other electro hits, if he was to pull out the latest johanas heil or dexter tune i would be well suprised

Interstellar Fugitive said:
the fucked up thing is that he CAN dj, quite brilliantly too, but somehow he seems to have completely forgotten how to. the only time i saw him bout 4/5 years ago he was deadly.
I think he just doesnt care anymore, i watched him closely at the savoy, and he thought he was a God of some sort.
Constantly fading out the music purpousely, as if he believed that no matter what he does, the crowd are going to love it.
And unfortuneatly it worked, 90% people didnt really care how much he sucked, they just wanted to "enjoy themselves".

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

9th May 2024 @ 4:00 pm
More info..

Ceili By The Lee

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 7:30pm

More events ▼