Tidal pool in Cork

I did the walk from Graball, along the cliff to Churchbay, up the hill to Templebreedy, down the hill to Fennel's bay, across to Myrtleville, Fountainstown and to the rusting boat at Fountainstown beach west. Took about 2 hours but I can feel my muscles aching today.

Cork harbour was resplendent in the sunshine and I noticed above Church Bay that there are a number of tidal inlets on the left as you're on the beach. Never swam there but I've seen local teens jumping off the rocks. If you timed it according to the tides you could be there when it's shallow at low tide, or deep at high tide, or mellow in between. A pity that Church Bay is a storm beach like Fennel's Bay. All stones and little sand. Usually quiet though.

CB1.jpg

CB2.jpg

CB3.jpg

The cliffside walk from Graball to Churchbay can be a bit dodge. Compared to 6 weeks ago it's very overgrown and you have to watch the ground for anything to trip you up. You'd be over the edge of the cliff in some places. Probably not suitable for very young people who get distracted easily!

Myself & my kids were jumping off the pier at Knockadoon at high tide 7pm earlier. Tiz great for the soul. We went to Ballycroneen beach yesterday at 1:30 for low tide. It’s a little gem of a beach for East Cork. Has to be low tide though. Will head west for the weekend for the Caribbean effect 🏊‍♂️ ☀️

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Luke Combs Uk
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Rebel Frequencies Presents Songsmiths

The White Horse, Today @ 8:30pm

More events ▼