Thngs supposedly said on RTE radio/television

Marty morrissey talking to boxer francie Barretts mother, tell me has he ever given you a slap?
I remember that, the whole interview was awkward as fuck, that line was said in a really clumsy jokey way. Dont think I've seen it show up online which much be a huge relief to Marty.

That was my grandfather, he passed away in November legend of a man. Can’t find any clips of the episode and I’d love to see. If anyone has any clips or images of the episode I’d love to see.

That was radio.
Larry Gogan.
Just in a minute, the just a minute quiz.

Or..

“That's Stephen 'wazzie' Hogan, he was a former docker, from Gurranebraher. He actually played himself in the stage show "Dockers" a few years back. The question was asked by Bunny Carr on Quicksilver.”

From twitter.

I remember hearing an ad on 2FM for the Michael Jackson Cork concert. Voiceover was listing Jackos attributes and im almost certain the final line was "hes definitely not black". Its possible I might have misheard it and it was actually "not Bad" punning on the song/album but there were a lot of jokes going round at the time about him changing to white.

Not sure if it's been mentioned already - the one about the guy who was in the Guinness Book of Records for being buried alive was being interviewed in RTE radio having just come out of being buried in a box for I think a number of days. The radio presenter was chatting away to him about his records and how he got into the (w)hole thing, and asked "and where would you like to be buried next" to which he allegedly replied

"Up to me balls in BB Baskin"

Not sure if it's been mentioned already - the one about the guy who was in the Guinness Book of Records for being buried alive was being interviewed in RTE radio having just come out of being buried in a box for I think a number of days. The radio presenter was chatting away to him about his records and how he got into the (w)hole thing, and asked "and where would you like to be buried next" to which he allegedly replied

Absolute classic, At the time we all had the same dream of Bibi, not now though,

From page 1

Gerry Ryan: (during a discussion on whether people would like to be buried or cremated when they die) - "Would you like to be buried or cremated?" Caller: "Oh, buried Gerry." Gerry Ryan: "And where would you like to be buried?" Caller: "Up to me balls in Bibi Baskin!"

Another one allegedly I think it was "The school around the corner" or one of that kind of show where school-kid is relating a story and he was telling how he lived on a farm and the interesting thing that happened on his holidays was that their horse had somehow fallen into a pit on the farm and injured itself and unfortunately had to be killed. "And who killed him?" asked the presenter
"My daddy had to shoot him".
"And did your daddy shoot him in the hole"
"Oh no, daddy shot him in the head"

then again it sounds too good to be true to have actually happened on the radio.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Felix Da Housecat
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

29th Mar 2024 @ 11:00 pm
More info..

95b (NC) [Phantoscope]

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 5:15pm

More events ▼