the wine thread

nice wan.. its a top quality tuscan (y)

happy new year JeepY, and Carmona and the rest of the sluggers in here :)

Its tuscan here tonight, despite my prediction.. 20 year old super tuscan, supplied by me previously but its slipped his mind 😋
Happy New Year to yiz all. I hope you slipped in a comment or two on the original supplier at some stage, man.

Hey BandonY.. if you are looking to pick some wines from that site I had a quick look at the Sicilian selection and would suggest these:

“Zisola” Rosso Sicilia Noto DOC 2019

“Nerojbleo” Rosso Terre Siciliane IGT 2018 (BIO)

“Mamertino” Rosso Sicilia DOC 2017

“Saia” Nero d’Avola Sicilia DOC 2018

All road tested by yours truly :)

When I used order from German sites Gourmondo always had really good value. They stopped getting through though so I haven't tried in ages
Nerijbleo and zisola will be bought again. Lovely stuff. Good man da mange.
Hey BandonY.. if you are looking to pick some wines from that site I had a quick look at the Sicilian selection and would suggest these:

“Zisola” Rosso Sicilia Noto DOC 2019

“Nerojbleo” Rosso Terre Siciliane IGT 2018 (BIO)

“Mamertino” Rosso Sicilia DOC 2017

“Saia” Nero d’Avola Sicilia DOC 2018

All road tested by yours truly :)

First two will be bought again. Serious glass to accompany a steak or tapas.

Good man da mange. I'll make sure ringy's wop has a second shower before I send her your way.

Nerijbleo and zisola will be bought again. Lovely stuff. Good man da mange.

First two will be bought again. Serious glass to accompany a steak or tapas.

Good man da mange. I'll make sure ringy's wop has a second shower before I send her your way.

Nice wan BandonY 👍
Did you try the other 2 or just not your thing?

You can hang on to the wop, she’s ate ya outta house and home :)

Tried em all. Just had half a bottle of the mamertino, simpleh loveleh.

I won't put them in the basement again though, I don't think I gave the saia enough time to come back to life

Tried em all. Just had half a bottle of the mamertino, simpleh loveleh.

I won't put them in the basement again though, I don't think I gave the saia enough time to come back to life
The Saia is prob the best of the lot IMO but def let it come up to temp and give it a bit of air. Hard to beat the Zisola for value. Whatever you like is a personal thing so glad you enjoyed, can fire up some other suggestions another time no bother 👍

The Saia is prob the best of the lot IMO but def let it come up to temp and give it a bit of air. Hard to beat the Zisola for value. Whatever you like is a personal thing so glad you enjoyed, can fire up some other suggestions another time no bother 👍

ball on there so please mangeY m8 (y)

Someone gave me a bottle of this Italian Zinfandel recently. It's from Aldi - €9.90. I thought it would be going in a stew after the first glass but my haughty preconceived notions were quickly blown out of the water. It's very, VERY good.

In fact - I'd say you would find it hard to get another bottle this good for under a tenner (in Ireland). Tried the 2017 and 2018 only.

1644504565523.png

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Ross Browne and Guests
The Roundy, Castle St.

30th Mar 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..
More events ▼