the wine thread

Montepulciano d'Abruzzo, which old dolls love
Rocca di Frassinello Maremma Toscana le Sughere
Firriato Santagostino Baglia Soria

And a few on offer

Nice picks, the Frassinello will be great on Christmas day.. had a few bottles of the Firriato one myself on Friday night with the father in law which was ideal preparation for a 9am run the following morning :)

By the way, the smaller brother of the Sughere is called Ornello - well worth checking out, I think its great value

Nice picks, the Frassinello will be great on Christmas day.. had a few bottles of the Firriato one myself on Friday night with the father in law which was ideal preparation for a 9am run the following morning :)

By the way, the smaller brother of the Sughere is called Ornello - well worth checking out, I think its great value
I'll be checking that out for sure. Decided to go with something decent for Xmas.

Have a Domain Vincent Paris Cornas 2019, an Ontanon 2010 Rioja reserva and Saint Joseph 2019 Terres D’Arce for today. Picked up a couple of Cune grand reserva from Tesco (on sale for 15 quid at the minute) as well but tucked into those over the week. Enjoy the wine today lads!

Being fairly abstemious here. After an old glass of champers, I opened a 2016 Marques de Griñón Cab Sauv. A bit heavy for the bird but a lovely drop in itself. Should have opened the Mallorcan one but fuck it, there's always tomorrow!!

I have what should be a banging number for tonight. Villacreces Specimen no. 1. A strange one, I know two or three of their wines already, starting with the Pruno at about a tenner, then the Villacreces itself. A friend gave me their 25th anniversary wine a year or so ago. That was lovely, and the same bloke has given me this, which I think is a step up again. Goes for about 50 bucks I think. I've done a Bordelaise sauce to go with the steak and hopefully the wine! First bottle will be a kinda normal Bordeaux, 2014. Haut Paulliac, another one I don't know. Another present too!!

I have what should be a banging number for tonight. Villacreces Specimen no. 1. A strange one, I know two or three of their wines already, starting with the Pruno at about a tenner, then the Villacreces itself. A friend gave me their 25th anniversary wine a year or so ago. That was lovely, and the same bloke has given me this, which I think is a step up again. Goes for about 50 bucks I think. I've done a Bordelaise sauce to go with the steak and hopefully the wine! First bottle will be a kinda normal Bordeaux, 2014. Haut Paulliac, another one I don't know. Another present too!!
No idea what we’ll be having later as it won’t be my call but the father in law would have a decent collection of wine so chances are it will be French and very good

Enjoy the Villacreces, never had any of them bad the Pruno myself

The Frasinello went down a bomb on the day. Glad I bought too much...

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy
The Roundy, Castle St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼