the wine thread

superior.de are only doing italian - any recommendations for spanish wine online retailers in Germany or surrounds? Search funtion is bolloxed

superior.de are only doing italian - any recommendations for spanish wine online retailers in Germany or surrounds? Search funtion is bolloxed
Hey BandonY.. if you are looking to pick some wines from that site I had a quick look at the Sicilian selection and would suggest these:

“Zisola” Rosso Sicilia Noto DOC 2019

“Nerojbleo” Rosso Terre Siciliane IGT 2018 (BIO)

“Mamertino” Rosso Sicilia DOC 2017

“Saia” Nero d’Avola Sicilia DOC 2018

All road tested by yours truly :)

When I used order from German sites Gourmondo always had really good value. They stopped getting through though so I haven't tried in ages

Hey BandonY.. if you are looking to pick some wines from that site I had a quick look at the Sicilian selection and would suggest these:

“Zisola” Rosso Sicilia Noto DOC 2019

“Nerojbleo” Rosso Terre Siciliane IGT 2018 (BIO)

“Mamertino” Rosso Sicilia DOC 2017

“Saia” Nero d’Avola Sicilia DOC 2018

All road tested by yours truly :)

When I used order from German sites Gourmondo always had really good value. They stopped getting through though so I haven't tried in ages

Sound man, I love me a nice Sicilian!

Let us know how you go if you get some of them. The Zisola and Mamertino would be lighter, the Nerojbleo and Saia heavier.. all excellent wines IMO. Saia is one of my absolute favourites
I'm getting 2 of each of your recommendations and I'll just fill up the basket with some prosecco and white to get to the €150 for free shipping to Vienna. I'll be sure to let you know how they go!

Can you recommend a nice Spanish white I could buy here so?
I wouldn’t be great at whites but if I was going to get one from Spain I go for an Albariño or if there’s none of those I’d get a Verdejo

The Marques di Riscal Verdejo is decent and you’d get it in SuperValu.

O Briens have a few Albarinos on special now for around €13. This one is lovely:

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Shlomo Franklin
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

27th Apr 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼