the wine thread

This was €10 in SuperValu last night. Fairly well rated on Vinino so I grabbed a bottle. Gonna pop it open in a bit. Will report back.

Haven't had much success with bargain hunting since I started drinking wine. Still looking for a decent French red <€18.

Getting decent value French reds is almost impossible here, Dunnes used to be the best for it with their €10 off vouchers thrown into the deal. They still reduce decent wines there if you keep an eye out but with Covid I have no interest popping into anywhere I dont need to go so that doesn't happen often.

That tack arrived today.
It's way too hot here to have a lash though.
Some time next week.

The biergarden will be getting lashed today.

Beer for the foreseeable Patrick. Pity it's so hard to find Kölsch outside of cologne, can't bate it for summer gatting. It's even served in 200ml glasses to keep it fresh, chilled, fizzy and crispy at all times

bierkranz-im-lommerzheim-in-koeln.jpeg

I just ordered a slab of that there.

If you disappoint me, de mange, there'll be punishment.

RingY.. I’m out in the back garden eating dinner in the sunshine congratulating myself for being the greatest father that ever was (ask your ol lade re the who’s your daddy scene). Anyway, I’m supping on one of those bottles and I can confirm it is savage juice

So now, so

Getting decent value French reds is almost impossible here, Dunnes used to be the best for it with their €10 off vouchers thrown into the deal. They still reduce decent wines there if you keep an eye out but with Covid I have no interest popping into anywhere I dont need to go so that doesn't happen often.

Same - I just happened to be in SuperValu, which is rare enough for me.

Anyway - I opened that red last Friday after work. Not bad. Not bad at all. Not the greatest wine that I've ever had but a damn fine bottle.

So impressed with it that I bought two more yesterday. :cool:

I have definitely paid more for less in The Wine Buff/Bubble Bros.

Same - I just happened to be in SuperValu, which is rare enough for me.

Anyway - I opened that red last Friday after work. Not bad. Not bad at all. Not the greatest wine that I've ever had but a damn fine bottle.

So impressed with it that I bought two more yesterday. :cool:

I have definitely paid more for less in The Wine Buff/Bubble Bros.

I think their Gigondas (Ferbas) is very good value when they reduce it.. think its around €14 a go and they are on the '15 at the moment so nice and mellow

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Cooper Clarke
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

19th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Thursday Tours

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 6:30pm

More events ▼