the wine thread

first red in about 2 months i think... back in at the deep end.

hxzM5LQaQEmv24npsUIXfQ_pb_x600.png

Two months without red wine. Jeez. Trying to think what my 'record' would be over the last 30 years. Maybe 4 or 5 days but that would have been a dose of the flu or something.

Oh, I remember I tried going off the booze for about 3 months one year to see if my marathon time would improve. Took a couple of minutes off the previous best time. Went back to normal for the next one and took another 2 mins off the time. Never tried the dry approach again.

we do a booze free month most years, tried 6 weeks this year. had a few beers last week but this was the first wine.
one year i did a month no booze and mostly vegetarian. tested cholesterol before and after it was higher. make of that what you will!

we do a booze free month most years, tried 6 weeks this year. had a few beers last week but this was the first wine.
one year i did a month no booze and mostly vegetarian. tested cholesterol before and after it was higher. make of that what you will!

Were you fasting the second time they took your blood? I got mine tested and it went from 6.7 to 5.4 and I think it was down to what I had eaten that morning the first time. When I smoked it was 8 which is dangerous.

first red in about 2 months i think... back in at the deep end.

How was it BongY?
Their CCR is a great wine so that must have been a really decent drop

I had an anniversary last night to remember so opened a 2000 from Jacopo Biondi Santi to mark it.. he's the guy credited with the first super tuscan. Last nights was a lovely mellow wine, age has been good to it

V7cPIj8vR3qvxyoFurb4Bw_pb_x600.png

Nice Italian stuff there alright lads. Going to open CCR of Antinori, a couple of steps down from the one above, I take it. Daughter number 3 finishing school and in the International community here they make a big thing of it. That said, it doesn't deserve a super wine. it'll be aperitif stuff and a bit of BBQd Irish rib-eye.

Nice Italian stuff there alright lads. Going to open CCR of Antinori, a couple of steps down from the one above, I take it. Daughter number 3 finishing school and in the International community here they make a big thing of it. That said, it doesn't deserve a super wine. it'll be aperitif stuff and a bit of BBQd Irish rib-eye.

The Antinori Reserva CCR is a really decent wine IMO, in fact I have a few here and might join you later today :)

It’s a day for the garden here, glorious sunshine :)

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Blades
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

7th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

DJ Ian Richards

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼