The Queen stepping down?

I saw/heard something along those lines previously and I think it may have been to do with objection to the money-monsters taking over football and making it less and less about the actual champions and taking the wishes of fans into account less and less. Not sure though how that would tie in with Liverpool tbh. Maybe one of their supporters here could let us know.

It’s a response to the fiasco in Paris where “Liverpool fans arriving late” was the official uefa line.

Subsequent investigations have shown the organisation and policing of the event to be questionable.

I saw/heard something along those lines previously and I think it may have been to do with objection to the money-monsters taking over football and making it less and less about the actual champions and taking the wishes of fans into account less and less. Not sure though how that would tie in with Liverpool tbh. Maybe one of their supporters here could let us know.
Could it be because of this?

The well-known Champions League tune, which is simply titled 'Champions League' and was written by the English composer Tony Britten in 1992, is closely based on George Frideric Handel's composition Zadok the Priest.

Ironically, Zadok the Priest is traditionally performed at the coronation of British monarchs.

Could it be because of this?

The well-known Champions League tune, which is simply titled 'Champions League' and was written by the English composer Tony Britten in 1992, is closely based on George Frideric Handel's composition Zadok the Priest.

Ironically, Zadok the Priest is traditionally performed at the coronation of British monarchs.

I knew it was Zadok the Priest, thought it was a direct take of it rather than "closely based on" tbh. Hadn't realized it was traditionally performed at the coronation of british monarchs but you'd be more expert in that kind of thing ;) so I'll take your word for it. Certainly a possibility.

It would be laughable if it was a cut off the big money in football, Liverpool fans are happy to be winning trophies
with players bought for big money and on huge wages,

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
All You Need Is Death (16)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

22nd Apr 2024 @ 8:15 pm
More info..

Garron Noone

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼