The Official UEFA Euro 24 Thread

Arsenal got badly caught with him.

Looked hopelessly out of his depth last night. If he wasn't an England International he wouldn't have made £50 million.

8wkkbf.jpg

Last edited:
He's been absolute shocking in this Euro's
Infairness most English players have looked distinctly average in this tournament. They’re in the final but how many would make team of the tournament? Stones at a push to be generous. The rest of them have been shite.

Yet they’re a game away from winning it. Make it make sense.

Infairness most English players have looked distinctly average in this tournament. They’re in the final but how many would make team of the tournament? Stones at a push to be generous. The rest of them have been shite.

Yet they’re a game away from winning it. Make it make sense.

I think Poland drawing with the French paved their way to the final.

Its far from a vintage Dutch side and England still needed a seriously dodgy penalty to stay in touch.
Hard to see anything other than a Spanish victory.

Would he have broken up the busquets/xavi/iniesta trio?

He’s a brilliant player, City look a totally different team without him. He’s their most important player by a mile.

The spanish team is quite average on paper. Navas/Nacho/Morata/Cucurella are all very unspectacular and Laporte playing in Saudi for the easy life.

They’re very well drilled though snd better than the sum of their parts and beat a French team who were much superior on paper.

England have been tested, but by poor teams. They haven’t played anyone as good as Spain.

Watkins/Palmer need to get on the field earlier. Kane looks like he’s running in wet concrete but Southgate won’t have the balls to drop him

i would echo this - not sure about spain defensively. they keep the ball so well and create chances though so that's typically enough. i do wonder if they'd be a bit vulnerable to old fashioned balls into the box type play though.

spain should win, but i don't think it will be as easy as some are predicting here.

i would echo this - not sure about spain defensively. they keep the ball so well and create chances though so that's typically enough. i do wonder if they'd be a bit vulnerable to old fashioned balls into the box type play though.

Agree. They weren't able to deal well with Füllkrug and arguably France would've been better off giving Giroud more time to impose himself.

Either Watkins or Toney could get some joy

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
An Spailpín Fánach, 28 South Main St., Cork

28th Jul 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼