The Official Tennis Thread

Novak has won 10 Grand slam titles in his 30s. And he'll probably win another 3 to 6 before he's finished.

Which will mean he will have won more Slams in his 30s than his 20s.

Nothing to see here m8s, move along and suspend your critical thinking........

Lolzers, maybe when he was in his 20s Fed and Nadal and Fed were at their peak?

Wonder if having the 3 most complete players in tennis history competing against each other over the same period has anything to do with it? 🤔

never really liked him tbh, i respect him though....but it has nothing to do with him being Spanish, there isn't really any rivalry between France and Spain when it comes to tennis, the Spaniards wipe the floor with the Frenchies.

I'm yet to undestand why France doesn't produce more top 10 players, we've had a fair share of very decent players over the years (both genders) but the FFT is yet to produce a male GS winner (since Noah) or a proper long term top 5 contender...Tsonga, Gasquet, Monfils and Simon have (had) great careers but you'd expect more from the FFT, IMO.
🤔
Why do you dislike Nadal? He comes across as a pleasant guy imo!

Lolzers, maybe when he was in his 20s Fed and Nadal and Fed were at their peak?

Wonder if having the 3 most complete players in tennis history competing against each other over the same period has anything to do with it? 🤔
Yes m8, like normal sports stars having the best years of their careers when in the prime of life.

I don't belive what they managed to do in their mid to late 30s was real either.

I get it pal. When Michelle Smith suddenly went from a nobody to an elite level olympian, some Irish people said hang on a minute, this looks a bit dodgy. And most of us told them to STFU.

Because we badly wanted it to be real.

But it wasn't.

Sorry m8, I can't watch a soon to be 36 year old dominating tennis and not say, hang on a minute, this looks a bit dodgy.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

The Old Moderns

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼