The Official Tennis Thread

🤔
Nadal has had to take large doses of medication for his numerous injuries over a long period. I don't think he'll play for much longer tbh.
French jealousy on your part perhaps Marco?😉
never really liked him tbh, i respect him though....but it has nothing to do with him being Spanish, there isn't really any rivalry between France and Spain when it comes to tennis, the Spaniards wipe the floor with the Frenchies.

I'm yet to undestand why France doesn't produce more top 10 players, we've had a fair share of very decent players over the years (both genders) but the FFT is yet to produce a male GS winner (since Noah) or a proper long term top 5 contender...Tsonga, Gasquet, Monfils and Simon have (had) great careers but you'd expect more from the FFT, IMO.

Bitterness is strong amongst the usual suspect(s), as expected (y)
Bitterness me hole.

Are you honestly telling me you have no doubts about this? That you've suspended your logical brain because you like his style of play?

I saw a 25 year old novak visibly wilt in a cracking final against Murray at Flushing Meadows in what would have been the prime of his life

Yet here he is at 35 barely breaking sweat winning tournament after tournament after tournament.

M8, if you ain't somewhat suspicious then you're deluded

Sorry, not sorry.

Bitterness me hole.

Are you honestly telling me you have no doubts about this? That you've suspended your logical brain because you like his style of play?

I saw a 25 year old novak visibly wilt in a cracking final against Murray at Flushing Meadows in what would have been the prime of his life

Yet here he is at 35 barely breaking sweat winning tournament after tournament after tournament.

M8, if you ain't somewhat suspicious then you're deluded

Sorry, not sorry.

Every time I Google Djokovic + doping (latest search being this morning), nothing comes up, apart from articles saying he's successfully passed every single test he's been required to go through.

A real force of nature, one of a kind really.

PS: he's destroying every opponent mentally, strategically and technically, reducing his performances to being physically stronger than some younger guys is kinda poor tbhwy.

Every time I Google Djokovic + doping (latest search being this morning), nothing comes up, apart from articles saying he's successfully passed every single test he's been required to go through.

A real force of nature, one of a kind really.

PS: he's destroying every opponent mentally, strategically and technically, reducing his performances to being physically stronger than some younger guys is kinda poor tbhwy.
How many drug tests did Lance fail?

top whataboutery

if Djoko ever gets done for doping i'll acknowledge it and i hope he'll be stripped of his titles.
It's not whataboutery m8, and he's not one of a kind. For the last 6 or 7 years tennis has been dominated by 3 men who should by all known accounts of sportsmen and women in history been on the decline.

And no one even questions it. I find it extremely odd tbh.

🤔
Nadal has had to take large doses of medication for his numerous injuries over a long period. I don't think he'll play for much longer tbh.
French jealousy on your part perhaps Marco?😉
Nadal has been juiced up on meds for a long time now. Pain killers wouldn't normally be accepted in most high performance sports as it's deemed performance enhancing but for some reason tennis gets away with it.

Interesting. Some guy called Ken Rosewall won a few slams in his 30s, back when tennis was played at walking pace, same as his Spanish counterpart of the same era.

In modern times only one man outside of Fed, Rafa and Novak gets into the top 20 oldest players ever to win a slam.

Agassi won ONE at 32. If you go to page 2 it is again dominated by these 3 players with the odd one for Jimmy Connors, two for warinka in his early 30s.

So it's possible to win one or two in your early 30s, but we are to believe that Novak, Roger and Rafa are all one of a kind who all remained better than their younger rivals by being forces of nature well into their 30s, further than everyone else in history, when the game is being played faster than its ever been.

Excuse me a moment, while I appropriate my response.

Oh yeah, this is it.

:lol!::lol!::lol!:

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Afro House and Amapiano

Old Oak, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼