The Official Spurs thread

I think the stock you put in Jose being sacked meaning they had no chance in that final is way too high.

They may or may not have won it with him. City owed them a beating in that game as Jose had gotten away with blue murder in a couple of home league games against them.
I think in one game City had 30 shots to 2, and the score was 2-1 to spurs.

No interest in winning trophies?

Top, top Spursing.
Yea but they were never winning that final.
Levy looked at the weekend ahead - Mourinho was brought to do what Mourinho does, not win a league cup which they were in all likelihood going to lose. And if he had reversed the 53 seater and won on penalties, yes it would be a trophy that Spurs haven't had since 2008 but how could you justify getting rid after it?

It's as if Levy has lucked out with the season as it panned out.

As Cloudy said, the Gods saw fit for Newcastle to torpedo Arsenal's lead.
Spurs didn't have a squad to chase down Liverpool and Chelsea this year and won't have next year either.
But a Conte transfer window and preseason with a ~300 mill warchest should hopefully mean they are there or thereabouts for most of the season.

If this talk of €150m transfer kitty is correct it’s hard to see spurs falling out of the top 4 if Kane and Son are kept.

Conte is a dog of a manager and will grind out 3rd/4th place. He’s the 3rd best manager in the league. Pulling the trigger and sacking Nuno was a no brainer for Levy.

Regards Jose I think levy feared him winning a trophy and being forced to keep him on. There was obviously a serious clash of personalities there and with levy there’s only one winner.

Mad that a club who win fuck all would be willing to jeopardise a chance of winning a trophy just to get rid of a manager.

It seems to have been short term pain for long term gain so hard to criticise Levy.

If this talk of €150m transfer kitty is correct it’s hard to see spurs falling out of the top 4 if Kane and Son are kept.

Conte is a dog of a manager and will grind out 3rd/4th place. He’s the 3rd best manager in the league. Pulling the trigger and sacking Nuno was a no brainer for Levy.

Regards Jose I think levy feared him winning a trophy and being forced to keep him on. There was obviously a serious clash of personalities there and with levy there’s only one winner.

Mad that a club who win fuck all would be willing to jeopardise a chance of winning a trophy just to get rid of a manager.

It seems to have been short term pain for long term gain so hard to criticise Levy.

Winning is all that matters. Its the point of organised sport.

Ole might have gotten top four but he was still a failure.

Ferguson said that the 2004 cup final was pivotal in that sides development. Mourinho said similar for his first league cup win with Chelsea.

Winning is a habit.

Spurs spend another 150 million and maybe keep top four?

Settle for being eternal bridesmaids and win nothing?

Winning is all that matters. Its the point of organised sport.

Ole might have gotten top four but he was still a failure.

Ferguson said that the 2004 cup final was pivotal in that sides development. Mourinho said similar for his first league cup win with Chelsea.

Winning is a habit.

Spurs spend another 150 million and maybe keep top four?

Settle for being eternal bridesmaids and win nothing?

That’s what football fans believe Hank.

Football club owners think differently.

Someone posted the prize money per position in the table the other day.

Finishing 4/5 is a difference of about £1m but if you factor in CL it’s about £50m.

League cup prize money is pitiful. <£2m I think.

Any owner will prefer 4th to 5th+ a trophy.

City finished top and earned a couple million extra to Liverpool/ Chelsea/ spurs

They then committed to a £200m outlay on Haaland. The owners of the 2nd/3rd/4th are going to look at that and say there’s no point even trying to compete, they’ll be happy to finish top 4 as the return on investment simply isn’t there.

Yeah good man.
Manager wins a cup final last night.
I say it was madness for his last club to sack him six days ahead of a cup final.
In that clubs thread.

The Special One has you locked in a vicelike psychological grip as you spent three years defending his clueless successor at Old Trafford. Even as every other supporter was laughing at the state of the club under Solsjkaer you were still crywanking about him being a 'club legend'.

Triggs m8, you are the Ole Gunnar Solsjkaer of the sports forum soccer discussion scene.

Fairly sure that even the man himself has tried to distance himself from that particular sobriquet.

Estimates have it at around a 300 mill war chest.
That's the 150 mill from ENIC.
80 mill from Prem TV.
30 mill (I think) for CL group.
Plus net sales.

Bentancur is bought.
Kulusevski and Romero are gonna be about 70 mill.
Reguilon they apparently have not paid for at all and will look to sell him. (apparently no fees were due til this Summer).

I'd expect Emerson, Reguilon, Winks, Gollini, maybe Rodon, maybe Tanganga, maybe Doherty to go out.
CCV is going to Celtic for 6 mill.
Bergwijn to United now Ten Hag is there.
Sanchez possibly out as well.
Lo Celso a swap for Torres at Villareal.
Ndombele they will take a hit on.
Gil loan is being extended with a buy clause as far as I know.

Forster on a free, Eriksen on a free, Perisic?...........I'd be going after Cucurella, Lamptey and Bissouma from Brighton. Kostic? De Vrij?........Lautaro Martinez would be a stretch..........

Estimates have it at around a 300 mill war chest.
That's the 150 mill from ENIC.
80 mill from Prem TV.
30 mill (I think) for CL group.
Plus net sales.

Bentancur is bought.
Kulusevski and Romero are gonna be about 70 mill.
Reguilon they apparently have not paid for at all and will look to sell him. (apparently no fees were due til this Summer).

I'd expect Emerson, Reguilon, Winks, Gollini, maybe Rodon, maybe Tanganga, maybe Doherty to go out.
CCV is going to Celtic for 6 mill.
Bergwijn to United now Ten Hag is there.
Sanchez possibly out as well.
Lo Celso a swap for Torres at Villareal.
Ndombele they will take a hit on.
Gil loan is being extended with a buy clause as far as I know.

Forster on a free, Eriksen on a free, Perisic?...........I'd be going after Cucurella, Lamptey and Bissouma from Brighton. Kostic? De Vrij?........Lautaro Martinez would be a stretch..........

Can't see anything near that level of transfer activity.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Fiesta Latina with DJ Wilros

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼